laptop to hifi amp help

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
listen to itunes/spotify through my dac-magic all great but now i cant browse the internet while listening to the music. I will be looking to buy a lesser laptop to stick buy the hifi as fixed music server for the dac. But can i send spotify/itunes wireless to my dac somehow cheaper than buying a £200 laptop.

idc

What do you use at the moment that no longer lets you surf the net? A cheap laptop would only work as the server and you would need something else to wirelessly transmit to your DAC.

T

the record spot

Apple Airport Express...? You can use it to connect to your existing wireless, just pop the password for your wireless network in during the AE setup routine (this may be fiddly, but that's based on my own experience), connect up via a cable to your amp and away you go. iTunes and the AE will do the rest. Works well.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i want to run spotify through my hifi but i am now sitting on my sofa with no internet to browse

so i want to sit on sofa looking at ebay,this forum fantasy football etc while having spotify through my dac-magic

so im asking is there any way i can stream a digital signal from my laptop(spotify) to something that will plug into the dacmagic without losing to much SQ. The question is you can pick a refurb laptop for £150 off some sites that would be able to sit next to my hifi full-time and play itunes/last fm/spotify etc through the dac-magic so if something is out there it would need to be around the £75mark tops to make it worth while

many thanks in advance simon

idc

If you have a laptop next to your hifi, why not plug it into the DAC with a USB/digital cable?

Otherwise if you get a blutooth enabled laptop there is the QED Uplay (of which I have no experience, but it seems to be what you are looking for with budget)

A

Anonymous

RS is spot on, the Airport Express would give you what you want with zero impact on sound quality. It's 69? here so I assume it's less than that in Blighty.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i sort of sorted my problem my laptop is feeding my dac-magic usb as it was but rather sitting on my sofa with no laptop in hand i have a cable that goes from the laptop to my tv and now have a wireless keyboard and mouse (just need to get a bigger tv or glassesl lol). Still like the airport can it take in wireless or does it need a patch lead from the hub.Its not a major issue as the hub is only 2m away just wondering.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts