Kuro/Pioneer Help needed!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Peoples

I have the Pioneer LX5090 plasma with the Pioneer LX82 amp which after 8 months now still sends shivers down my spine [:D]

The only thing that bugs me is when i turn the tv on it shuts off the amp, is there a setting which I can't find that will stop doing this??

Also the Plasma keeps wanting to do updates is there a setting that can stop doing this also???

D

Deleted member 2457

Nice system
emotion-21.gif
bit of topic here but can i just ask what stand do you have for that lot?

Many thanks
emotion-21.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The TV turning the amp off is probably down to the HDMI control setting being On. Switch this off (under the Option menu on the TV, not sure on the amp but should be in the manual).

Can't see a way of turning updates off, but I think I just updated mine a while back and haven't seen any since.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Mine's not hooked into a network - think it must receive them through the aerial, though all I have plugged in is HDMI so not sure how that's working either...
emotion-40.gif

EDIT - thinking about it, it used to have an aerial connection when I used the PlayTV to record things as this only had one tuner. Since I got the Digital Stream though, I didn't bother plugging in the aerial so that may explain my lack of update requirements now as well.

A

Anonymous

Hi Gel, the tv is wall mounted and the amp, blu ray etc is in a solid wood cabinet, looks amazing with the lights shining through.......

Before this the gear was on a glass unit which claimed could handle upto 70kg in weight but wasn't sturdy enough for my liking!!

Check out John Lewis Sheesham range, Im cutting the back out so the amp fits and also gives it more room to breathe as it gets very hot!!!!

D

Deleted member 2457

Papasmurf25:

Hi Gel, the tv is wall mounted and the amp, blu ray etc is in a solid wood cabinet, looks amazing with the lights shining through.......

Before this the gear was on a glass unit which claimed could handle upto 70kg in weight but wasn't sturdy enough for my liking!!

Check out John Lewis Sheesham range, Im cutting the back out so the amp fits and also gives it more room to breathe as it gets very hot!!!!

Many thanks for the reply
emotion-21.gif
i will do, i am always interested in things like this.

Cheers.

Sun_Shang_Xiang

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I also had the same problem with the Pioneer vsx1020 switching off the lx5090 and found by going into the Amp's MCACC menu going in under System Setup, then other setup and turn off the hdmi link stopped this.

as for the update this has come up in another thread:

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/465635.aspx

Have a look at Scene's advice on the thread.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Hi,

I think the tv/amp thing is probably caused by the Kuro link being activated on the amp.

I get the same problem with nearly daily reminders of the update thing.

To turn off you have to go to HOME MENU-SETUP-DTV SETUP-SOFTWARE UPDATE-AUTO UPDATE-OFF

I can't do mine because the DTV SETUP is greyed out. I think this is because I don't have an aerial connected to the tv, so if you connect an aerial, you should be able to do it.

I'm guessing a little, but it's the most logical way i think

A

Anonymous

As mentioned above its the HDMI control option (or something like that). It should be turned off.

From memory it will need turning off, on both the tv settings and the amp settings

A

Anonymous

Hi

If you select DTV on the plasma by the remote then go back to the settings you said it works
emotion-2.gif

Give it a go, thanks for your help!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts