Kudos x2 or something else?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, currently running Proac Studio 110s with Naim Cd5xs, 112/150 pre/power. Have got upto 1500 quid for new speakers. Currently got X2s on home demo. Have to say I really like them, compared to 110s they bring a freshness to the system and give a little more bottom end. Because they are small I can also place them better in the room where as the 110s on stands (dreadnoughts) are taller. Unfortunately its a typical living room with furniture (16ftx11ft), so I am having to position strategically!

Not tried anything else at home as yet but have been reading up on Spendor A3s. I would prefer a smaller floorstander, but will not discount another set of standmounts. Anyone any further suggestions at this price range? Cheers.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Are you looking for similar, only better.....Proac Studio 140 Mk2

Slightly different........PMC GB1

Totem Arro

Stick with Kudos

Keep demoing and it should become clear what suits.

A

Anonymous

Hi, I find the Proac a little bass light. Have got the X2 at home at the moment. More punch and certainly hearing more detail. I listened to the PMC in the store with the same kit, I enjoyed the X2 more. I can position the X2 better as the standmounts with the Proac take up more space and are taller. Having had the X2 at home for 3 days; they are great! There is a lot coming from such small boxes! So I am now swinging towards smaller floorstanders. Thank you for your suggestions though I will take a look.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts