Know a hi-fi designer?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Carrying on slightly from my previous thread I was wondering if anyone knew a hi-fi or speaker designer who would be happy to talk to me either on the phone or who I could visit in the East Midlands area? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A

Anonymous

yup, i don't own a car and can't really afford to be dashing over the country. thanks though

A

Anonymous

[quote user="designer"]Carrying on slightly from my previous thread I was wondering if anyone knew a hi-fi or speaker designer who would be happy to talk to me either on the phone or who I could visit in the East Midlands area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated![/quote]

What do you wanna know?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="ranjeetrain"][quote user="designer"]Carrying on slightly from my previous thread I was wondering if anyone knew a hi-fi or speaker designer who would be happy to talk to me either on the phone or who I could visit in the East Midlands area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated![/quote]

What do you wanna know?[/quote]

I'd like to discuss, in more depth than is (probably) possible in a forum, what a designer thinks makes their product attractive and how much emphasis they place on appearance when designing products etc...

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
See if you can get hold of someone at NAD. It should be a very short discussion. Coming to think of it, the same applies to most of the others.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]
Ha. Do you think they have a designer at Naim? Executive in Charge of Black and Green Felt Tips?[/quote]
Erm ... no but I think it kinda works. At least its different

John Duncan

[quote user="drummerman"]

[quote user="JohnDuncan"]
Ha. Do you think they have a designer at Naim? Executive in Charge of Black and Green Felt Tips?[/quote]
Erm ... no but I think it kinda works. At least its different
[/quote]

yeah I quite like it too, though it's definitely 'evolutionary'

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]
See if you can get hold of someone at NAD. It should be a very short discussion. Coming to think of it, the same applies to most of the others.
[/quote]

I was thinking of some of the more unique designs...Zingali (OK I don't speak Italian but what the heck, you get my drift)

and yes some companies probably would be a short discussion..."We just get some old aluminium boxes, chuck the gubbins in and drill a few button holes in it..."

John Duncan

There's always Tim de Paravicini, he might talk to you
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I know from when i was previously job hunting that quite a few hifi companies will use design consultants to design / style the front panels rather than have an in-house design team.

I can't remember the particular design consultants I looked at but it may be another angle to get some info from, though i suspect they may not want to give their design secrets away!

As another point entirely, all the NAD imagery on certain super hi fi online dealer are renders that i'm pretty certain are done in Illustrator!

Thanks,
Adam

A

Anonymous

Seriuosly but having just had a look, they' have updated them. If you look for some straight on front panel images, they were done in Adobe Illustrator.

Good luck with your project!

A

Anonymous

I think God answers prayer. After praying I managed to get a telephone interview with Touraj Moghaddam, chief designer at Roksan. Very nice guy and extremely helpful.

Well that's just about saved my degree from the depths of a third i think

A

Anonymous

[quote user="designer"]yup, i don't own a car and can't really afford to be dashing over the country. thanks though[/quote]
You are not going to get far if you don't put yourself about mate. Sorry to state the obvious.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts