bobshek

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Pretty sure Klipsch X10's were £99 from Amazon too..... Slightly more fragile, but the sound is really great from them.

Also.... if you can bump your budget to £169..... Ultimate Ears are currently doing their UE900 direct from their own UK website at that bargain price.

Grabbed myself a pair to use when I don't use my JH's.

bobshek

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
DOH!

Apologies, thought the M40's were in ear......

Actually listened to these a while ago in Selfridges. Didnt think they were worth the full RRP, but at £100 it's a no brainer if you like the look.

Amazon also have a great returns policy so I wouldn't worry if you don't get along with them.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The price is great, but the headphone is not. If you return it you'd be responsible for repacking and possibly shipping cost. There's always a chance you could resell it for more than you paid.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Amazing when you consider that's just over half the price you'll pay to buy them off the official UK distributor at trade price. The seller must have got a very very good deal on them.

They are going end of line now and must have bought in bulk.

alienmango

May 29, 2013
Visit site
:rockout:

I'm not really a headphone guy, I have a pair of klispch in ears rrp £40, got them for £20 from amazon and they sound really good to me.

I've got an RDAC and a nad c370, should be able to get the most out of them when I'm not on the go (assuming the nad has a decent headphone amp). Surely the dsp/headphone amp on phones/ipods is the limiting factor in sound quality?

Cheers guys, I'm really not looking for hifi headphones, something a bit better than beats will MORE than do x

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Klipsch seem to have had a bass press at headfi.org and other sites including amazon due to them being badly made and giving up after a few months use.

I was tempted to buy x10 but lost interest as a lot of people have reported failing in their build.

Just letting you know :)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
alienmango said:
:rockout:

I'm not really a headphone guy, I have a pair of klispch in ears rrp £40, got them for £20 from amazon and they sound really good to me.

I've got an RDAC and a nad c370, should be able to get the most out of them when I'm not on the go (assuming the nad has a decent headphone amp). Surely the dsp/headphone amp on phones/ipods is the limiting factor in sound quality?

Cheers guys, I'm really not looking for hifi headphones, something a bit better than beats will MORE than do x

How are you going to use them? Do you want noise cancelling or is it just for a good sound on the tube or whatever?

alienmango

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Mainly for listening when studying eg in the library or whatever/train/coach/plane journies. Will move to london in September 2014 for work so I guess I'll use them on my commute. Late night listening possibly.

I heard they were pretty well made and almost impossible to destroy (not the drive units failing but the physical constuction).

With regard to quality I'm perfectly hapy with the sound from the in ear klipsch but I get tempory hearling loss from them (and years ago from the standard apple headphones which is permanent in my left ear) but I'm ok with on ear phones, hence the reason for wanting them. I listen to music quietly (always less than 50%) - normallly around 15-30% on the phone/ipod. No idea why as I go clubbing a lost and don't have problems then.

I'm not that bothered about noise cancelling but I'd guess it will reduce the chance I'll get damage as I can listen quieter?

Will keep the in ear klipsch for running/gym etc.

Anything on ear that will last longer for £100? I'm open to anything as long as it doesn't leak (much) noise.

alienmango

May 29, 2013
Visit site
rich51080 said:
Klipsch seem to have had a bass press at headfi.org and other sites including amazon due to them being badly made and giving up after a few months use.

I was tempted to buy x10 but lost interest as a lot of people have reported failing in their build.

Just letting you know :)

I've had no problems with the in cheap klipsch in ears I have - I even ran a marathon when it was continually raining and they got absoloutely drowned inside and out but still work (they stopped during the race but were fine after).

I will keep it in mind and if there's a better alternative I'm happy to look at it....but at 1/3rrp this seems like a bargin.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I think you need over-ear rather than on-ear for the noise leakage. And closed-back rather than open-back.

If you want noise-cancelling then there is the brand new Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 which is good value.

Also have a look at the ATH-A500x and ATH-M50, Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, AIAIAI TMA-1 Young Guru and the Reloop SHP-1, RHP-20 and 30.

The latter are DJ phones but I was very impressed with them when I heard them recently.

TRENDING THREADS