Keyboard case for ipad

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody got or had experience with the Bluetooth keyboard / iPad cases thingies.

They sound a great idea, but browsing on Amazon for every positive review it seems there is a negative. I'm sure some are good and some not so good.

But which one to choose.

Any thoughts / suggestions greatly appreciated.

BTW. It's for a New iPad (iPad 3?)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm interested in this too, but I want to know if the on screen keyboard stays up on the iPad when you're typing on an external keyboard. It would make sense to utilise the screen area when using an external keyboard.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
In one of the reviews I found it did say one of the best features was that it allowed more visible screen area when typing. (the iPads on screen keyboard didn't come up).

Though, can't remember which one that was for.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
I'm interested in this too, but I want to know if the on screen keyboard stays up on the iPad when you're typing on an external keyboard. It would make sense to utilise the screen area when using an external keyboard.

That's a damn fine point - though you can, of course, always toggle the keyboard off with a quick screen touch.

I know MacUser mag is working on a group test of keyboard cases that's due out very shortly, if that helps....

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
FrankHarveyHiFi said:

That's a damn fine point - though you can, of course, always toggle the keyboard off with a quick screen touch.

I know MacUser mag is working on a group test of keyboard cases that's due out very shortly, if that helps....

Definitely. Thanks

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I never got an iPad in the end, but when I was contemplating one, the ZAGGfolio always looked a like a great keyboard / case for it to me (though I admit I never actually tried it "in the flesh"). Can be picked up in the UK (£88 from Amazon so again, quite expensive like the Logitech one) but it did get 4/5 in a PCmag review (link).

The other one (mentioned in that review) is the ClamCase - even more expensive but essentially turns your iPad into a laptop!

FrankHarveyHiFi said:

I can confirm that the screen keyboard does not appear if the iPad is connected to my Logitech keyboard via bluetooth, so you can utilise the whole screen. :)

A

Anonymous

I currently have two BT KB's

This one cost just under £30 on ebay,

http://www.magnet4marketing.net/2012/03/28/bluetooth-ipad-keyboard-review/

http://www.alltouchtablet.com/articles/sharkk-mobile-bluetooth-ipad-2-keyboard-review-one-of-the-best-14442/

The second was given to me by a colleague which i find much is much better with BT connectivity and easy to use. Holds the ipad safely and also allows it to be charged directly from the KB

http://www.casesinthebox.com/m2-hard-case-bluetooth-keyboard-for-ipad-2_p6010.html

A

Anonymous

One of[/b] Christian Louboutin Discount one of|Among|One among} the reasons spin璇硶閿欒! a lot[/b] bit|lots} of women aren't happy with their dressiest outfits is because of the footwear they decide on. In quick they're trying to pair standard dress footwear with an evening dress but this generally }[/b] will allow your lovely dress down. A Christian Louboutin fantastic pair of footwear will compliment your dress, along with a pair of footwear you'd put on on the workplace will bring your dress down as an alternative to complimenting it. Even a plain evening dress will spin璇硶閿欒! have the wow aspect with beautiful shoes.

What makes Chaussures Christian Louboutin an evening shoe
It is not the type of the shoe that may be incorrect, evening shoes might be had in practically each type that dress and casual footwear can be found in, mules, pumps, sling backs, sandals, kitten heels, t straps, ankle straps, }[/b] and in many cases flats. Rather it is the components and details that make a shoe far more acceptable for evening put on.

Embellishments
Choose a pair of footwear that characteristic brooches, rhinestones, crystals, pearls or sequins these falls to the evening shoe category. Shoes that feature studs, zippers, and hefty hardware are much more linked with casual or dress footwear.

Luxurious fabrics
Even though a few Christian Louboutin Sale of the most dynamic evening shoes I've ever seen have featured leather uppers, the easiest method to opt for footwear which will work for Christian Louboutin eveningwear is Christian Louboutin Shoes always to appear for shoes with satin uppers. Velvet, patent and suede are also superior options, supplied the shoes are incredibly dressy rather than necessarily one thing you'd probably put on for the workplace.

mikesimm

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
HI - I got this one from Anker on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GAXZ9KC/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

I was very happy with it and posted this review on Amazon

This review is from: Anker® Ultra-Slim Folio Bluetooth Keyboard Case for iPad 4 / 3 / 2 - Synthetic Leather Case and Magnetically Detachable Keyboard (Tuxedo black) (Electronics)

This is the third product I have used from this company and I have yet to be disappointed.
It is fair to say that if you are looking for style over substance then you should probably be looking at apple products, but if you want something that works without breaking the bank then this is ideal.

Inside the (recycleable) box is the keyboard, the case, and instruction book / returns booklet. If you are an environmently friendly type, you will be pleased that there is no unnecessary plastic pacakaging. They also include a micro USB charging cable. (This is different to the usual mini USB connector that you usually have with cameras)

The case itself is a very tough black plastic. It fits securely on my Ipad 3 and protects both the back and the screen. I'm not going to try it, but I would guess it would protect the Ipad from being dropped.I think it would also protect the Ipad when being carried in a suitcase or bag.

There are cutouts for all the controls including the camera. It is reasonably light - it weighs 325gm and is comfortable to hold. It has a little magnetic flap which folds over the front to stop the front cover from falling open by accident.

It works as a stand as well as a case, but as a stand, it balances rather than locks in to place. I tend to use the Ipad on my lap rather than as a TV so that didn't cause any difficulties.

The keyboard is extremely light, about 120gms. It is very easy to connect by bluetooth. You just press the connect button on the keyboard, a 4 digit number appears on the Ipad screen and you type that in. It paired in less than 5 seconds. The keys are responsive and although you probably wouldn't need the keyboard for a quick email, it is ideaal if you need to type a letter or long message.

The keyboard has all the usual buttons, some shortcut buttons for brightness, volume etc as well as the Apple OS option/command keys.

As an added extra it works perfectly with my Apple TV and is a lot easier than using the Apple TV on screen keyboard.

For me, it is important that the keyboard is detachable (magnetic). As I don't think I will take the keyboard out with, with the Ipad.

The only minor issue for me was that there doesn't seem to be a separate magnet built in to the case front flap, to make the Ipad sleep automatically. Also - I'm not sure about the description of "Synthetic leather" I would call it plastic. Overall though, these are minor niggles and I am very happy with the product

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts