kenwood ka3020se

daveh75

my brother has decided to dip his toes into the world of hi-fi, so to get him started i've given him the first system i bought for myself, which happens to be the much acclaimed kenwood ka 3020se,and an arcam alpha 7 cd, some body else has offered him a set of eltax terminator speakers. what i'd like to know is are they any good,and are they a good match with the kenwood/arcam set up, since i've never had any dealings with eltax speakers.

A

Anonymous

I would sum up Eltax as the absolute bottom-rung of any speaker range and that is reflected in it's pricing. Don't expect anything beyond 'decent' sound. That's my view.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
From a google search it seems that Eltax Terminator were a range of speakers of different sizes including sets of home theatre speakers. I cannot find a review.

Dosn't sound like it will be long until you can hear the set-up given that he now has (or has been offered) all the components.

They would have to be pretty bad to screw up the sound from the 3020SE and the Alpha 7 pairing. Sounds like a nice start. The present Eltax line-up on their website certainly look the part (but I defer to the previous poster who has heard them). I hope they sound good. If not then there are plenty of good budget speakers around starting from £80 - £100, or less if they are last years models.

Let us know what you think when you hear them.

daveh75

thanks guy's, i guess as so far the system has cost him nothing, if the eltax sound terrible, he could splash out on some decent speakers, he was originally going to spend 500 to get him started, so that could be well spent on some decent speakers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts