Kef versus b&w.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Kef r100 and b&w cm1 are similar in size. So new design versus older design.

Anyone demoed the pair together ? Or has anyone heard the r100's at all ? :)

A

Anonymous

Neard them both. For me, The R100's are far superior.

I find the CM range to be a little harsh, and the CM1's (due to their size I guess) lack in the bass dept. The R100's are completley different and excel where the CM1's fall short. I'm not saying the CM1's are bad speakers, it's just that the new KEF R Series are all so impressive.

A

Anonymous

Floydian said:

I find the CM range to be a little harsh, and the CM1's (due to their size I guess) lack in the bass dept. The R100's are completley different and excel where the CM1's fall short. I'm not saying the CM1's are bad speakers, it's just that the new KEF R Series are all so impressive.

Now ive listend to the cm1's and they are not exactly bass shy for their size. So how would you say it differ's to

kef in that dept. ? :)

A

Anonymous

I've just picked up mine and they are awesome. I demoed them against the CM1 too and found them far superior. Mine are still running in but sound excellent. I had some Q300 & Q100 on demo at home and tried them both directly in stereo on my AVR and on a loan PM6004. The R100's are a class above those too.

Floydian said:

Hi Floydian

I hope you don't mind me saying this but your posts are familiar :)

All the best dude

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT said:
Floydian said:

Hi Floydian

All the best dude

Rick @ Musicraft

At least I'm consistent then ;)

A

Anonymous

FATS 2828 said:
Floydian said:

Now ive listend to the cm1's and they are not exactly bass shy for their size. So how would you say it differ's to

kef in that dept. ? :)

I suppose that depends on your taste then, the R100's do have a lot more on tap and suit my tastes better. I'm not saying that would be everyones prefrence.

A

Anonymous

markjaspi said:
I've just picked up mine and they are awesome. I demoed them against the CM1 too and found them far superior. Mine are still running in but sound excellent. I had some Q300 & Q100 on demo at home and tried them both directly in stereo on my AVR and on a loan PM6004. The R100's are a class above those too.

O.K same question too you marky j. In what way or way's did they differ? :)

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i have heard the cm1s in three shops and for over 2 hours and they are awesome they have plenty of bass and harsh is a mile away the tweeter can be said to be over keen on detail but there on the 685's that comes through but driven well and controlled the cm1s are a joy. Either add a sub or go cm5's if you want extra punch.

the kefs ive not heard look stunning imo

Floydian said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Floydian said:

Hi Floydian

All the best dude

Rick @ Musicraft

At least I'm consistent then ;)

Hi Floydian

All the best dude

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

My opinion won't change over a post to post or thread to thread.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts