KEF T series - can we see a group test?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Wonder if we could see a group test between KEF T series and similarly priced 'full size' sub-sat systems in the future?

I'd be interested to see if these are a performance choice or a 'lifestyle' choice.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Odd that you should mention that - we've got one planned already, following on from this month's three-page First Test
emotion-21.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
coventry13:I wonder what would make up the group test.

A group of speakers from different manufacturers using the same form factor and occupying similar price points but that's not important right now. #IAMLESLIENIELSEN!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
coventry13:pointless but clever

Looks like a new signature in the making,

That would feel too much like boasting...

the_lesothohopscotchcollective
emotion-2.gif

Now THAT is brilliant name for a band!

A

Anonymous

Back to Coventry 13s post, I've not seen any other speaker packages from other manufacturers (apart from KEF) that have slim on wall specific products for home theater, so I would be really interested to see what it is compared too. I did see a Def Tech system on the Web but I'm not sure it is available in the UK Perhaps the T is going to be put against some in-wall products?? That would be interesting to see, but these tend not to be sold as systems.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The OP said dino560b:Wonder if we could see a group test between KEF T series and similarly priced 'full size' sub-sat systems in the future?

And Clare replied that was exactly what we were planning. The list I have just got from the test team seems to fit that brief, doesn't it?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:Those are different though. The T series should be up against NXT and other genuinely flat panel speakers....

Does anyone still offer NXT speakers, I haven't seen any since the old Mission setup?

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:Those are different though. The T series should be up against NXT and other genuinely flat panel speakers....

You mention in another post that visual appearance and finish is not as important as sound quality. KEF are after-all saying these T series are a performance option. At the Manchester show they claimed during the demo that they could replace the eggs in all respects. So, my point and the reason why I asked the question in the first place was:-

1. I don't believe there are not significant sacrifices made to make the T series thin. ie, much less cabinet volume, less driver excursion etc.

2. If consumers are not concerned about a few mm of depth, then the test should show that they are in fact a performance option and can keep up with the very best sub/sat systems.

3. If after that consumers want a visual 'lifestyle' choice but prepared to make a sacrifice on performance then fine. But don't pull the wool

Lets see a test against performance rivals not 'other thin speakers' That is not the challenge 'boasted' by KEF.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:FrankHarveyHiFi:Those are different though. The T series should be up against NXT and other genuinely flat panel speakers....

Does anyone still offer NXT speakers, I haven't seen any since the old Mission setup?
Thank God!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts