Kef satellites placement

Cammers

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
This is my first post on here and I am seeking a little bit of advice and a few different opinions.

I have recently moved into a new home and have set up my main system in my lounge, no problems.

I am now in the process however, of adding another system in the kitchen/family room and have opted for a set of Kef KHT 2005.2's.

So far I have placed the front 3 speakers around the tv, but my wife hates it. Admittedly, they do look quite clumsy, so I am now in a dilemma!

Do I replace the speakers for something like MA radius 225's which will sit flat to the wall and look nicer surrounding the tv, or do I spread the Kefs out, higher and wider?

By higher and wider, I mean up near the ceiling and Close to the corners for the front left and right. The surrounds would also be mounted high and wide, but the center could stay where it is.

I know these positions are far from ideal as far as actually sitting and listening to music or movies, but I do have the lounge for that.

The kitchen/family room would be mainly background music, or room filling music for parties ( both rooms are hooked up to sonos connects with parties in mind).

So what do you all think? Change the speakers at greater expense, or keep the Kefs and mount them in a less than perfect position?

Thanks

Mark

scene

Hi Cammers, welcome to the forums.

I've got a second AV system in my dining room - which is actually open plan off my kitchen. It uses the 5 eggs from my old KHT2005.2 system and a pioneer sub/amp combo, rather than the original KEF sub. I've got the eggs up near the ceiling in each corner of the room, and the centre by the TV, like this:

DiningRoom03.jpg

The TV's changed to a newer Samsung 32" since this was taken. The sounds great - both for background music and watching films.

I don't think having the eggs high up like that IS a sub-optimal position.

Cammers

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Scene,

That's exactly the kind of answer I was hoping for!

I shall reposition the speakers and let you know how it sounds ( once I've bought some extra cable!)

Mark

TRENDING THREADS