kef reference model 3 vs PMC DB1i vs B&W CM7 vs Dynaudio 2/7

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I in momemt of deperation and after reading all reviews which i can found on interent won Kef Reference Model 3 on ebay for £580

I have to transport whicever speaker i buy to my hometown and maximum wieght allowed par speaker is 32 so for Kef i have to remove the drivers to make it lighter !

i have also been offered B&W CM7 like new for £480

KEf reference's will cost me £200 more then B&W CM7 in terms of transportation to my hometown so bringing their cost to £780

I am willing to buy PBC DB1i or dynaudio 2/6 or 2/7 as well

PBC costing around £480 and dynaudio 2/6 £400 and Dyanudio 2/7 £400 as well.

Now the problem is does Kef reference justifys additional £400 over the cost of any above mentioned speakers, basically double the price!

reviews on web are amazing, has anyone heard them and can compare them with PBC, Dynaudio, B&w current gen models?

How are these 1997 top of the heap speakers compared to these current one?

I am of understanding that kef will need more powerful amp- i can bi amp usinf arcam additional rear channel to proide 150watt par channel but will negate need of subwoofer so saving me £150 towards sub and also the complication of matching the sub?

I have to now decide vewwry soon as i have to pay by tomorrow morning if i buy Kef as they will be delivered in bubble wrap, i have to buy boxes for them also I have to remove some drivers fro mthem to make them weigh 32 kg with packaging !

I hope removing one bass driver will reduce the weight by 8 kgs par speaker?

maverickguru said:
I in momemt of deperation and after reading all reviews which i can found on interent won Kef Reference Model 3 on ebay for £580

I have to transport whicever speaker i buy to my hometown and maximum wieght allowed par speaker is 32 so for Kef i have to remove the drivers to make it lighter !

i have also been offered B&W CM7 like new for £480

KEf reference's will cost me £200 more then B&W CM7 in terms of transportation to my hometown so bringing their cost to £780

I am willing to buy PBC DB1i or dynaudio 2/6 or 2/7 as well

PBC costing around £480 and dynaudio 2/6 £400 and Dyanudio 2/7 £400 as well.

Now the problem is does Kef reference justifys additional £400 over the cost of any above mentioned speakers, basically double the price!

reviews on web are amazing, has anyone heard them and can compare them with PBC, Dynaudio, B&w current gen models?

How are these 1997 top of the heap speakers compared to these current one?

I am of understanding that kef will need more powerful amp- i can bi amp usinf arcam additional rear channel to proide 150watt par channel but will negate need of subwoofer so saving me £150 towards sub and also the complication of matching the sub?

I have to now decide vewwry soon as i have to pay by tomorrow morning if i buy Kef as they will be delivered in bubble wrap, i have to buy boxes for them also I have to remove some drivers fro mthem to make them weigh 32 kg with packaging !

I hope removing one bass driver will reduce the weight by 8 kgs par speaker?

Please see your previous thread.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/bw-cdm-1nt-vs-602-s3-s-dynaudio-26?page=1#comment-2624382

Based on personal experience PMC all the way. No question.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts