KEF Reference 7.2 at the Bristol show

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well, I'm back from the Bristol show and once again, I loved it.

If you're undecided about making the trip down, let me just say that the experience of sitting through the demo of the KEF Reference 7.2 set-up is worth the £8 entry on its own!

I was literally blown away by it. But hey, don't just take my word for it, ask Mr Everand....
....has was sat directly in front of me grinning from ear to ear, toe-tapping away and giving the Churchill dog a run for his money on the head-nodding stakes!

Assuming the demo is the same all weekend, expect to enjoy fantastic renditions of Clark Terry's Mumbles (very funny by the way!) and the phenonemal sounding 'The Panther'.

Also, the already brillaint PCM soundtrack from the Ratatouille blu-ray sounds miles better through the KEF's than any other system I have listened to. Talking of which, be prepared for the lightning strike scene. Andrew wasn't and almost jumped out of his chair! ha-ha!

Only downside to the show from my point of view is the lack of a wireless HD demo. That would have been the icing on the cake for me.

Ketch

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Ketch:But hey, don't just take my word for it, ask Mr Everand....
....has was sat directly in front of me grinning from ear to ear, toe-tapping away and giving the Churchill dog a run for his money on the head-nodding stakes!

Ummm - I don't know how to tell you this, but 'Mr Everand' has been in the office in Teddington all day...

Ketch:Talking of which, be prepared for the lightning
strike scene. Andrew wasn't and almost jumped out of his chair! ha-ha!

Wow, must have been good to make me do that almost 100 miles away and without me even noticing.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
Ketch:But hey, don't just take my word for it, ask Mr Everand....

Ummm - I don't know how to tell you this, but 'Mr Everand' has been in the office in Teddington all day...

Ketch:Talking of which, be prepared for the lightning
strike scene. Andrew wasn't and almost jumped out of his chair! ha-ha!

Wow, must have been good to make me do that almost 100 miles away and without me even noticing.

emotion-2.gif
- Ketch, Mr.E has a PMC system with MF Superchargers...he 'aint gonna jump out of his chair for something like that...

A

Anonymous

Really?

Jeez Andy, you've got a double out there! I could have sworn it was you!!!

Nevertheless, if you (or anybody else of there) get a chance to check out the KEF set-up, you certainly won't regret it. It was incredible!

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
Ketch,

Just ask yourself how much more of it actually happened, too...
emotion-4.gif

Just a bit harsh Mr E. I just mistook someone else for your good self.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Ketch:Well, I'm back from the Bristol show and once again, I loved it.If you're undecided about making the trip down, let me just say that the experience of sitting through the demo of the KEF Reference 7.2 set-up is worth the £8 entry on its own!

It may well have been but I got dirty looks when I tried to go in and with no indication of when the next demo was (I mean really how hard is to stick a bit of paper on the door) I thought "&*% 'em!" and went and looked at something else.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I just thought he may have been so swept up in the sound of the system that he went into some kind of reverie where he imagined all kinds of things.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:It may well have been but I got dirty looks when I tried to go in and with no indication of when the next demo was (I mean really how hard is to stick a bit of paper on the door) I thought "&*% 'em!" and went and looked at something else.The dems are structured, so going in during the dem disrupts what's going on and means you've missed any explanations as to what's being played and for what reason. On that floor, if a door is closed, there's a dem in progress. I think the dems were about 20 mins apart, and while I was there the reps at the door were letting everyone know how long the next one would be.

It's a shame you missed it, as it was easily the best room at the show.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:
the_lhc:It may well have been but I got dirty looks when I tried to go in and with no indication of when the next demo was (I mean really how hard is to stick a bit of paper on the door) I thought "&*% 'em!" and went and looked at something else.

The dems are structured, so going in during the dem disrupts what's going on and means you've missed any explanations as to what's being played and for what reason. On that floor, if a door is closed, there's a dem in progress. I think the dems were about 20 mins apart, and while I was there the reps at the door were letting everyone know how long the next one would be.

Well, all I can say is I went past the KEF room twice and on neither occasion was there anyone outside to let me know what was going on (I wouldn't have opened the door otherwise!), which probably explained why there was no one waiting outside that room, unlike the room opposite that did have someone to explain and had a queue of about a dozen people.

And I still don't know what's so difficult about a sign on the door...

It's a shame you missed it, as it was easily the best room at the show.

Daresay it was and it was the one I was most looking forward to but I wasn't going to hang around like a lemon just on the off-chance, there was too much else to see and not enough time to see it all.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:Well, all I can say is I went past the KEF room twice and on neither occasion was there anyone outside to let me know what was going on (I wouldn't have opened the door otherwise!), which probably explained why there was no one waiting outside that room, unlike the room opposite that did have someone to explain and had a queue of about a dozen people.I passed the KEF room three times, and all three times were all queued up, and when I got into the room, they were full up and couldn't let anyone else in!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the "big-up" you guys! I spent all three days in that room and we definitely rocked the house. 2x 18inch kilowatt subwoofers certainly had people jumping out of their seats!
I must apologise if there was anyone that couldn't get in, and seemingly had trouble finding out why they couldn't get into the room - we were short staffed on Friday but managed to get a doorman for the Saturday and Sunday.
Keep it real.
Peace.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Alex Foxon:Thanks for the "big-up" you guys! I spent all three days in that room and we definitely rocked the house. 2x 18inch kilowatt subwoofers certainly had people jumping out of their seats!
I must apologise if there was anyone that couldn't get in, and seemingly had trouble finding out why they couldn't get into the room - we were short staffed on Friday but managed to get a doorman for the Saturday and Sunday.

that would explain a lot, I was there on the Friday. To be fair the guys upstairs were extremely helpful, no complaints there.

Keep it real.
Peace.

Errr, ok.

TRENDING THREADS