kef r700

chrissasfre

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
very happy with my new speakers but now looking at upgrading my amp to rearly get the best from the kefs r700 any advise budget is 1500 pounds

most of my music is now streamed from magic 6 .finding it hard to listen to speakers and amp in toulouse france ,not easy to find dealers

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Chrissasfre I had a home dem of the kef r700s and i loved them but they were a little to big for my room see my avatar I would suggest the musical fidelity m3i or the m6i they will have the grip to get the best out of the kefs I have also heard the r700s on the end of a Roksan m2 amp sounded fantstic I am sure others will follow with other ideas good luck in your search what sort of music do you listen to and what size is your listening room this sort of info is helpfull when trying to partner equipment :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Here are some suggestions:

- Bel Canto C5i (ex-dem)

- Electrocompaniet PI-1

- Musical Fidelity M3i

- Densen Beat B110 Plus

- Peachtree Nova 125

- Sugden Mystro

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Room size?

See if you can audition a few amps (Preferably in a room that closest matches your own). Of course, take some music down, something you know inside and out so you know exactly how it should sound. Your budget is at very competative price point. You might try the Cyrus 8XPd (Not sure if it'll have enough power for your requirements though). Also, the Music Fidelity as advised in an above comment. The Nait XS might be worth a listen as well. Hope I've helped! :)

chrissasfre

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the recommendations but i was wondering if it is best to go with a amp that can bi wire the speakers ,as this seems to be recommended

i was looking at the naim xs or mf m6i or the rocksan m2 and all three are single speaker outlets.But i just can not stop listning to the speakers and each session they are getting better as they are beginning to open up more and more this is on a meridian 208 and nad 2100 power amp as well, that is so old. but it is bi wired and when i use the single wires it looses just a little punch and openess,maybe its my gear and not the speakers,so time to upgrade :cheer:

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
chrissasfre said:
thanks for the recommendations but i was wondering if it is best to go with a amp that can bi wire the speakers ,as this seems to be recommended

i was looking at the naim xs or mf m6i or the rocksan m2 and all three are single speaker outlets.But i just can not stop listning to the speakers and each session they are getting better as they are beginning to open up more and more this is on a meridian 208 and nad 2100 power amp as well, that is so old. but it is bi wired and when i use the single wires it looses just a little punch and openess,maybe its my gear and not the speackers,so time to upgrade
Hi Chrissasfre You only need I set of speaker outlets to bywire on the amp its the speaker end thats the important end I have in the past run speakers bywired from a single set of binding posts on my audiolab even though there are two sets on it . I also ran the m6i like this until I upgraded my speaker cables if possible I would get a home dem on one or more of the amps that have been suggested and see how they sound :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The difference between amps is far greater than the often dubious bennefit of bi-wiring....in fact I'd rather go for better cable than spend the money on bi-wiring.

The M6i is a great amp, but is way above £1500.....is your budget now extended?

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
The difference between amps is far greater than the often dubious bennefit of bi-wiring....in fact I'd rather go for better cable than spend the money on bi-wiring.

The M6i is a great amp, but is way above £1500.....is your budget now extended?
Hi Cno I did recomend the m3i for that very reason (budget) :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
iceman16 said:
As you can still stretch your budget..this is worth considering>)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81717054@N07/sets/72157633988900662/

Now you're talking......but it won't stretch the budget, it will shred it.
evil.png

chrissasfre

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
budget nearly shredded when i got the dealer to connect it to my speackers sounds great :O and the sugden a2 i think i could of fried an egg on that amp it gets so hot

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts