Kef LS50 Wireless 2 price increase!

• Thread starter Deleted member 196306
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 196306

Anyone know why the price has increased on these speakers? Thanks.

D

Deleted member 196306

Somebody must be or the price increase was a pointless exercise....
I think it will be a pointless exercise and will soon go down in price again. I guess we will see...

Tinman1952

The idiots that don't think anything is worth owning unless it's expensive, must be happy.
Yes. I remember a long time ago…studying economics at school and there are ‘Giffen goods’ where demand actually goes up when the price increases….and vice versa. The example quoted was expensive perfume and high end fashion. Perhaps KEF are hoping this will apply to them. People’s perception of ‘value’ can be a mystery sometimes……

Reactions: Gray
Indeed, one of those people was a contributor to this forum (he's not currently posting).
His perception of value was at odds with that of most others.
(It's just a shame that those that don't need to bother about prices - keep them higher for those that do).
perhaps perceived value is everything and it's what manufacturers rely on. They can increase prices to that new perceived value and most will not blink an eyelid. Take the Linn Sondek turntable for example. Most thought it brilliant and we'll worth the money. Then came the hordes of upgrades, many of which were essential in my opinion, to bring it online with other turntables available at the time. There are those with money that will buy purely on the hype surrounding an item at the time, and many did only to find out it wasn't all that great in the first instance.
If these speakers work well in your current environment then perhaps a £500 price increase is irrelevant as separate items have also increased in price for the same reasons that @davidf states.

Reactions: Eaton and Gray
D

Deleted member 196306

New review:

D

Deleted member 116933

You could say something about house prices, 10 years ago my was sold new for 174,000 now it's 345,000 according to Zoopla

D

Deleted member 116933

precisely, quite a few decent threads are going the same way. If it continues I am sure they will be locked.

Do me a favour delete the account please I've asked serval times. If its easier to ban the account please do so.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts