Kef LS50 Wireless 2 deal but some damage to 1 speaker £1500 Sevenoaks

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Certainly. The only thing I would say is that whilst there are subtle differences between the original and the II ( less so than some reviews are stating imho) ... if you didn't like them before you may not like them now. They sound far more alike than different.

I had both at home when deciding. My reason to go with the 2 was that at the time the original was not available at the large discounts now so the difference in price was far smaller.

However, at the price above it seems a bargain (depending on damage). Worth trying if you can send them back in case you don't like them?

BTW, I think white is the colour to choose imho.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Gel, sorry I can't remember from the time I was last here but what kind of sound do you prefer?

The Wireless project wide and deep rather than forward. It's not the Naim or Musical Fidelity thing. Think modern Audiolab with added Authority and you are closer. This perhaps co-incides with Jaxwires observation that, to him, the Wireless lack attack. He prefers the Foundation actives from B&W.

It just depends on what you are used to.

D

Deleted member 2457

Gel, sorry I can't remember from the time I was last here but what kind of sound do you prefer?

The Wireless project wide and deep rather than forward. It's not the Naim or Musical Fidelity thing. Think modern Audiolab with added Authority and you are closer. This perhaps co-incides with Jaxwires observation that, to him, the Wireless lack attack. He prefers the Foundation actives from B&W.

It just depends on what you are used to.
I have B&W FPM speakers with a Pioneer amp, I much like this type of sound. I did really like the Kef LS50 Wireless, the soundstage was huge and I loved that. I liked the Kef sound but one issue was the sound never was very clear but the WHF review of the Kef LS50 wireless 2 says they are very clear lots of times in their review. They seem pretty perfect to me. The only reason I sent back the first Kef’s was so I could probably buy the second pair when they come down in price.

Reactions: RoA

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site

Hi Gel. I only just saw this, sorry.

Whilst it is impossible to judge sound from a YouTube video I would perhaps also say that the speakers are not optimally placed. This will impair clarity, sound stage and tonality.

Whilst I can fault the Wireless (what is perfect?) and I would never claim they replace a good £10000 or more system, clarity is one trait they do not lack imho.

D

Deleted member 2457

Are you going for them?
Going to wait a year or so and see what price they are then. I got quoted £2,000 for them brand new at the moment, which to me is the price of the Wireless 1 at full price.

Reactions: RoA

TheJoker

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
These are becoming very hard to source, most places are sold out of the carbons and with shipping prices going up along with possible vat rises prices are set to rise. if you have been quoted 2k new I would go for it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts