KEF LS50 Black Edition

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Finally, a model that forgoes the lurid cone colours. Almost decent looking as much as anyone can do with the funny shaped front baffle without option of a grill that makes the speaker look as if it belonged to a Curry's special.

Leaves the wireless with the vomit inducing 'Nocturne' ... glow in the dark one ... Jesus.

Kef, extend the 'Black' to the wireless and I would (almost) be tempted.

Ugliest often mentioned speaker?

gasolin

http://us.kef.com/ls50-wireless-nocturne-by-marcel-wanders

hwzKef-4.jpg

Reminds me more of Tron. But then, I’m not much on Star Wars :)

Drummerman - the “funny shaped baffle” serves a purpose though, and it is the only model this side of the Blades to benefit from it.usually shied away from at this sort of price point due to cost.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
davidf said:
Reminds me more of Tron. But then, I’m not much on Star Wars :)

Drummerman - the “funny shaped baffle” serves a purpose though, and it is the only model this side of the Blades to benefit from it.usually shied away from at this sort of price point due to cost.

I know :)

An aesthetic accident but technical triumph, if the reviews are to be believed (wireless). I hope to hear them at bristol.

D

Deleted member 160668

I think they look pretty cool. Disregarding looks though I do intend to get some LS50s for a short buy n sell to try them out.

Also on a tangent, just for looks only, but I also plan to get some roksan kandy ribbon speakers for a short buy/sell as they look visually gorgeous imo.

Luckily Mrs Amor is very used to me buying and selling loadsa stuff and not fussed. But gotta wait til Oct Plus so I don’t lose my bet with her. Lol.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I really don't like the nocturne version but the one with a white case and blue drivers looks pretty sweet, I don't think they do that one in wireless though, which is a shame.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
jimmy1 said:
Yeah it does look a bit sci fi, iron mans chest hole or the front of the ship in star.....trek,,,, dammit jim

It's really a mini "The Borg" space ship. Be warned, they're on an early reconnaissance mission, before we all get assimilated. *wacko*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts