KEF KHT3005SE vs Definite Technology Pro Cinema 800

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Sony XBR9 and a PS3 and in the process of getting Onkyo TX-NR1007 I am looking to purchase a HT speakers and upgrade them to 7.1. I have set my mind on the KEF3005SE and the Pro Cinema 800 and I am having a really hard time deciding which one to get. My living room is not that big and I am looking to use the HT for music and movies but mostly movies.. I have not be able to demo either one of the systems but found pretty good reviews for both. I am looking for any personal input to help me make my decision.

I appreciate all of your help.

michael hoy

Hi.

I have not heard the Kef speakers, but I do have the Pro 80's (10 years now), these are the previous model to the Pro 800.

These speakers will easily fill my room (4mx4m), I use them mainly for live concerts / movies and 5.1 CD recordings, only use for standard CD about 10% of the time.

To me they sound very good indeed, but please audition the two before making a choice.

A

Anonymous

The kef are really superb i have them and the sound quality is truly amazing worth every penny see the review WHF did best speaker package.

Love the Amp your getting i have a Onkyo 605 which sounds really awesome so you should have no issues with the amp your getting.

My room is about 18ft x 13ft and use the speakers on kef stands using qed silver anniversary cables.

Im holding on to 7.1 for the moment as not much blu ray with 7.1 surround so using my kef Q7 floor standing speakers as my main till i get a new amp then use the 2 other fronts from the kef 3005se as the rear back surround, still saving 7.1 will have to wait.

Good luck with your choice all the best.

TRENDING THREADS