kef kht3005se large or small?

A

Anonymous

Cheers guys,just seen that on my kef instructions,they also say set sub frequency to 80hz but when i check my amps settings made through auto set up it has been set at 160hz,default settings on amp is also 80hz,choices being 40,60,80,90,100,110,120,160 or 200hz where should it be?Also when running the yamahas test sounds i'm getting no sound at all from sub but is ok if i run test sounds from a disc????????? Am borrowing a sound meter tomorrow to set up manually as some of the distances where out too,so many settings so little time!!!! EDIT- Just read my actual kef instructions and they say set at 120hz(online version says 80!)

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I think some amps have other settings that basically do the same as setting speakers to small in other amps.

You basically want to get the higher frequencies sent to the speakers, the lower ones to the sub. It sounds like the test setup is a bit wrong, with the missing sub tone, and 160Hz seems high for the crossover. I'd expect more 80 - 110 or 120.

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I have just checked the paperwork for the the HTB2SE which is the sub that comes as part of the KHT3005SE and it says...

"Line Level - connected to amplifier subwoofer Output (set subwoofer frequency on the receiver/processor to 120Hz and "speakers to small" when using model HTS3001 speakers?"

TRENDING THREADS