KEF KHT 3005se

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

I have hust recently purchased a 5.1 KEF KHT 3005se speaker package, can anyone tell me if the QED banana plugs be fitted to these speakers?

If not what is the best way to connect the speakers to my onkyo tx-sr606 amp, i have got the QED anniversary xt speaker cable with the QED plugs, but can only get the plugs to fit into the amp and not the speakers.

Can anyone advise me?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Not sure if you can attach banana plugs to the KEFs. I just attached the bare cable to the speakers directly.

A

Anonymous

I Thought that would probably be the case.

It will save me a load of moeny by doing that anyway, But do you still get quality sound from the bare cable?

A

Anonymous

Using bare cable means that you are potentially improving the quality of the sound as you are removing a level of impedence caused by the plugs.

But in IMHO, you wouldn't notice any difference.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
You can push out the bungs on the speakers to use banana plugs. However, if you are using the Kef stands you won't be able to pass Airlocs up them to the speakers.

A

Anonymous

... and if you're wall mounting them, my dealer reckons there's not enough clearance for banana plugs anyway. There's a section in the manual about how to take the blanking bits out to allow you to fit banana plugs if you're not in the EU :), presumably to encourage european entrants for the Darwin awards to electrocute themselves with bare wires rather than banana plugs... or maybe the EU was trying to stop people frying their hifi before they zap themselves, since it appears you can still get the cables with banana plugs but not equipment with immediately usable sockets. Go figure :).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts