Kef IQ7SE or Mission E34

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm breaking my posting duck so please bear with me if I miss anything out!

I have a Cambridge Audio 540R v 3 and am looking at either a Kef system (IQ7 SE, IQ6c, IQ1) or a Mission system (E34, E3c and E30), together with their respective subs.

I listen to a lot of jazz/classical music and some rock, so I would like the speakers to be as good as possible for this (although I realise the AV may let me down for music so may have to get a different amp for that).

I have a budget of between 800 and 1000, and given that I have light-coloured wood floors need similar colours from a speaker!

Which of Kef / Mission would you recommend, or indeed would there be anything else that may be better?

Many thanks in advance,

John

A

Anonymous

I see also that Tannoy have a Mercury F4/F1/FC system, so the choice is between these, the Kefs or the Missions. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

A

Anonymous

I had the Tannoy's but only the F1 and FC set up. Upgraded to the Kef's but with the IQ5SE at the front. Really pleased with the sound with both movies and music. The Kefs are great I highly recomend them!

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
I'm using a very old pair of KEF C75 floorstanders , the IQ7 would be the closest new version to them. I use them for both hifi and av and with both an av amp and two channel amp and they are good with both...I have anad dvd player plugged into a 2 channel nad amp for dvd music from ac/dc to johnny cash,frank sinatra,queen and war of the worlds. Sounds good with all types of music.have always gound KEF speakers to be good 'allrounders' and great for jazz..Midrange for voices is always good.

A

Anonymous

Apologies for the delay in thanking you both. I am on holiday now and things rather overtook me!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts