KEF IQ5SE or Monitor Audio RS6?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i m getting so much different advice on here about which speakers go with my rega apollo and roksan kandy amp i m confused.kef iq5se 360 pounds or monitor audio silver rs6 450 pounds ? i listen to rock (the fall new order joy division etc

A

Anonymous

Can't comment of the Kef's(sorry), but what i can tell you is that i listened to both RS6 & RS8 when i was looking to change my Dynaudio's some months ago, i finally decided on the RS8's for their extra low end extension. The RS6's did soundstage a little better i thought and still had loads of low end clout (which imo suits rock music), although there is a bit of sting to the treble. I would listen to them both first if you can.

A

Anonymous

RS6's and iQ5's both offer a fairly bright treble, but the smoothness of the Apollo will reduce that nicely. If you prefer low end extention and all out dynamics then go for the RS6's. They will probably complement your taste in rock more than the iQ5's, which generally offer less low end, but do offer slightly better timing and a really nice midrange.

Basically audition them and make you own decision.

Cheers.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I've just set up my RS6s with Creek Evo amp and Denon 1940 dvd player (my Pioneer PD-D6-J is on order). I have the RS6's on granite plinths on carpet. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!! I listen to a range of stuff. Yesterday I played The Beatles, Arctic Monkeys, Killers, Chilli Peppers, Prince, Paul Weller, John Legend, The Zutons, Oasis. The sound was incredible. And they are supposed to need a fair bit of running in time and I'm using a dvd player!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts