KEF Correlli speaker replacement

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a pair of KEF Correlli bookshelf speakers with I purchased for £138.00 back in 1978.

If I wanted to replace these with more up-to-date speakers what sort of price range should I be looking at and does anyone have any recommendations for the replacements.

They are driven by a Marantz PM7200 100w per channel stero amplifier with a Marantz CD player and Tuner.

The music I listen too various from pop to classical.

Thanks.

whiskywheels

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I had these speakers, also purchased around '78. They're in the loft at the moment!

I held on to them through various upgrades, and was advised that they were worth keeping, especially if they were serviced and the capacitors replaced, (which I never did).

On a bit of whim, I decided that the misssing link in my setup was the speakers, and I got some B&W 685's. The transformation was substantial on many levels, but particularly detail as I started hearing things I hadn't noticed before. I listen mostly to classical, but also jazz, blues, pop, whatever.

Although I recommend these speakers, I've not idea how well suited they will be to your amp etc., but either way, if you spend this sort of money I'd have thought you would hear a worthwhile improvement over the Kefs.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I called in to my local Audio/TV dealer today to purchase a new television and asked him about speakers. His reply was very similar to yours, particularly in connection with the detail on modern speakers. He suggested a pair of Monitor Audio RX1 at £399.

They are going to deliver the new television on Friday and he said he would also bring a pair of the RX1sto borrow for the weekend so that I could try them with our existing setup and in my own home. It will be intersting to compare them with the KEFs.

whiskywheels

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Testing out in situ is the way to go!

The Kefs were great, but what I've got now is better. Let us know how you get on. It would also be interesting to hear from anyone regarding speakers which work well with your amp/cd.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
h5djr:
I have a pair of KEF Correlli bookshelf speakers with I purchased for £138.00 back in 1978.

If I wanted to replace these with more up-to-date speakers what sort of price range should I be looking at and does anyone have any recommendations for the replacements.

They are driven by a Marantz PM7200 100w per channel stero amplifier with a Marantz CD player and Tuner.

The music I listen too various from pop to classical.

Thanks.

Why not try some modern KEF's? The Q300's are great little standmounts, and have the usual KEF traits you're used to, but with more detail and better soundstaging. KEF have used Marantz amplification for their public demos which have sounded excellent, so you can be assured that synergy isn't a problem.

I'm sitting here listening to the Black Keys on a pair that are running in - sounding great and they've only done about 4 hours!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts