kef 3005se and yamaha 2065

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,would this amp be over kill for my speakers or a good match,also does this amp have the two front high speakers feature like the onkyo and denon,thanks.

It wouldn't exactly be an overkill for your speakers, although it has the ability to drive larger speakers.

The Yamaha RX-V2065 doesn't have the latest Dolby Height (Pro logic IIz) decoding on board;
it does have the Yamaha presence channels for two front speakers to be
positioned above the main pair. This feature has been present in their receivers for over 10 years now.

A

Anonymous

Hi bigboss,I am going to audio t on friday to demo a denon 1910 looking to maybe purchase a 2310 or 1910,but after looking at a few of your posts about how good you rate your 1900 and the 2065 is the replacement it made me think as i can pick up the 2065 for less than the 2310.
I dont really know how good the two front high speakers are,but i quite liked the thought of the effect.

Yamaha 2065 is actually a league above the Denon 2310 (more in the line of Denon 3310). With regards to 2 front height speakers, I've not been a big fan of them & preferred to go for a better 5.1 speaker setup.

Definitely demo all your options before making a purchase.

simoncar:Hi,would this amp be over kill for my speakers or a good match,also does this amp have the two front high speakers feature like the onkyo and denon,thanks.

Hi Simoncar

The RX-V2065 will work well with the 3005SE. Kef's Uni Q technology and Yamaha Cinema DSP (Digital Soundfield Processing) technology are particularly well suited to each other.

Yamaha have offered their "presence" (front effect) for years. Once it is set up correctly a new dimension is added to the front soundstage.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for your answers to my questions,I have been trying to get a new amp for about 2 months now and I cant make up my mind,if i can get a demo between denon and yamaha mybe i will make my mind up,thanks.

A

Anonymous

i have a yamaha 2065. sounds awsome on B&W speakers. i have one problem though and that it shuts down at about -7 db. i have checked all wires but cannot find the problem. i have tested each speaker individually and the amp shuts down at the same level each time. Any one shed some light on this? i set it up using the auto microphone. no errors were found.

thanks in advance

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts