Kef 2005.3 and Banana Cables,

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm having trouble wiring my new Kef's with speaker cables. Do they work with Banana Cables and what kind of Banana Cable should I be looking for?  I assume I'll need 20 in all, 2 for each end of the 5 speakers!

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I have just purchased a set of Kef KHT3005SE so the next model up from the 2005.

On mine I have only put banana plugs at the amp end of the speaker cables (on the invoice detailed as 10 x MILTY CC120).

My speakers take a bare wire connection as well as banana.

The dealer said the bare wire was the best as the banana connections would be ugly sticking out the back of the speakers.

All works no problem.

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone wall mounted the satellites? I'm going to do mine in the next few days, but am just concerned what type / length of screw I should use? They're quite heavy speakers, so I want to make sure they are safe and secure.

Thanks

J.M.S

Feb 4, 2008
Visit site
Andy,

I have a set of 2005.3 's wall mounted, if you have brick or block walls, a good quality wall plug will do the job.You will need pan head screws about 45-50 mm to go with them, to fit the key holes on the mounting plates If you have hollow partition walls something like this, will do the job http://www.screwfix.com/prods/33559/Fixings/Cavity-Fixings/Fischer-5-x-37S-BP-HM-Metal-Plasterboard-Anchor-Pack-of-20. These already have the screws with them.

Another thing to note, is make sure you tighten all the allen bolts before mounting them on the wall as they have a tendency to go loose if you dont , and its a bit of a pain once you have them all wired up and ready to go

Hope this helps

Enjoy them , I love them

A

Anonymous

Also don't mount them in such a way as to have to swivel them too much. The speaker binder posts limit the amount as they catch on the mount. They do with the 2005.2 anyway.

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
With the 2005.3's there's a couple of alan key screws on the back/bottom of the stand which can be loosened to allow for more swivel. All I'm going to do is estimate the position of the speakers as best I can, then tighten them back up so they're in more or less the correct position. Once that's done the binder post becomes a bit of a non-issue, as I should only have to move them a small amount.

TRENDING THREADS