Keep My Stuff TIdy

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Saw a really nice tv stand in john lewis, curved fronted wooden jobbie two shelves with closed frontage hiding equipment, 60inch screen on top, looked the business and very neat. Now, do you reccomend putting av equipment and hifi equipment on the same stand. One shelf for av and blue ray player other shelf cd player and amp. Does having the gear on the same shelf affect performance that much? Thanks for any advice.

A

Anonymous

I would suggest that whichever way you store your equipment, make sure that there is space for plenty of air to circulate around and on top of the amps & processors as over-heating leads to reliability problems.

For this reason, I would never store my amp. in a TV stand and if you take a look at my avatar on the left you can see how I have placed my amp. on a wall isolation platform (which I used to use for a turntable way back when) just above the left-hand speaker.

Apart from the benefits of improved air circulation it also makes it much easier to operate the processor without scrambling about on all-fours!

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!

Should be fine. Just make sure everything's as stable as possible and that amps especially have room to ventilate. All my kit's in an oak cabinet (toddler proof and visually necessary for the Mrs) and it's fine...

I prefer kit to be hidden away, especially if it's under the telly.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
mrkay:Saw a really nice tv stand in john lewis, curved fronted wooden jobbie two shelves with closed frontage hiding equipment, 60inch screen on top, looked the business and very neat. Now, do you reccomend putting av equipment and hifi equipment on the same stand. One shelf for av and blue ray player other shelf cd player and amp. Does having the gear on the same shelf affect performance that much? Thanks for any advice.

A closed front means little ventilation. Not a good idea. Especially for AV receivers and amplifiers. Even just having a closed back is not ideal.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, for info, will be buying new equipment to put in aformentioned stand or one similar, does anyone know of a decent stand manufacturer that produces closed fronted stands? Perhaps glass fronted. Saw one with little leds around the edge once, can't remember who makes this but looked smart.

A

Anonymous

Just saw more replies looks like, av stuff would get too hot will look for different stand, cheers people.

TRENDING THREADS