KDL40W2000 Picture Blanking Out

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Was wondereing if anybody else was experiencing the same problem as I am.

When I am watching Sky HD (either live or a recording), the screen will intermittently blank out and just show the channel detail of the tv (ie. AV5 1080i etc.). In order to get the picture back, I have either turn the Sky HD box off and back on again (no good if in live pause) or channel the input channel on the tv and then back to AV5.

Both the tv and Sky box do not lose power when this happens, and the only other connections to the tv are a Sony DVD player in AV6 and a Wii on AV1.

Would appreciate if anybody could let me know if they have had the same, or what could be the cause of this.

Thanks in advance

Derek

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, it'd be worth trying a) one of the other sources on the AV5 input, and b) the sky HD box on another HDMI input. That way if you keep getting the blanking in case a), you'll know it's a TV fault on that input, or if it happens with b) then the Sky box has a problem.

I'd suspect the latter, since you're not getting the problem with other sources/inputs - sounds like the Sky box and TV are momentarily unlocking from each other and refusing to lock on again.

HDMI handshaking - don't you love it?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the response Andrew.

Will give that a go tonight. Will it be okay just to change the connections on the back of the tv, or should i swap the HDMI cables at the same time.

Derek

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Should be fine to just swap connections on rear of TV, unless you suspect one of the cables may be faulty. But I'm not sure how a cable could give an intermittent fault of this nature.

A

Anonymous

Switched the tv to AV4 using the DVD HDMI cable and had no problems at all last night. Will try this set-up in AV5 and then try the DVD player in AV4 with old tv HDMI cable. Hopefully this will show that the fault is with the HDMI cable.

Thanks

Derek

A

Anonymous

As expected the picture started to blank out again when in AV5. Did this 7 times within an hour last night, but so far today not at all. Am at a loss as to what could be causing this.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts