KDL40W2000 or Sony KDL40V3000U?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am after a 37-40" LCD TV - mainly to be used for XBOX 360 (HDMI) and SD sky.

My friend has just go the Samsung LE40M87BD which is really good value at £710, however having seen the sets in curry's I have to admit that I like the look of the KDL40V3000U which I can get at £750 (as a price match) online (it's £1,050 in Currys!!). I am thinking its worth an extra £40 for a Sony.

Then there is the KDL40W2000 (older model?) which is on line at £780.

Am close to going for the Sony V3000 but am a little concerned about clouding issues and also SD picture. Would go for the Panasonic 37" but I dont like the look of it with the speakers on the side. There doesn't appear to many other 37" sets to go for with 1080p.

Would really appreciate anyones comments to help me make up my mind.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

The KDL V3000 is the newer of the too and has more advanced technology but both the Sony and the Panasonics are pretty good with sd sources... compared to many others. I would go for the Sony KDL X3000 if you can afford it as its the very latest and has 100hz processer otherwise it would have to be the v3000. Sharp make a 37' chek this link out
p>

1080http://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/reviews/lcd/Sharp_LC37XD1E.htmp [quote user="rch19754"]
I am after a 37-40" LCD TV - mainly to be used for XBOX 360 (HDMI) and SD sky.

My friend has just go the Samsung LE40M87BD which is really good value at £710, however having seen the sets in curry's I have to admit that I like the look of the KDL40V3000U which I can get at £750 (as a price match) online (it's £1,050 in Currys!!). I am thinking its worth an extra £40 for a Sony.

Then there is the KDL40W2000 (older model?) which is on line at £780.

Am close to going for the Sony V3000 but am a little concerned about clouding issues and also SD picture. Would go for the Panasonic 37" but I dont like the look of it with the speakers on the side. There doesn't appear to many other 37" sets to go for with 1080p.

Would really appreciate anyones comments to help me make up my mind.

Thanks
[/quote]

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the response Kacey. The best price I can get on the KDLX3000 is £1,480!! This is nearly double the cost of the V3000. My budget is £800.

Just a bit worried that prices may drop again when newer models come out. The V3000 for £750 seems like a cracking deal to me though.

The Sharpe TV looks good - I cant decide if I want a 40" or a 37". Will SD look better on a 37"?

Anyone else got any suggestions?

A

Anonymous

Hi at any case I bought the 46w2000 last year and it is a cracking machine, contrast ratios I soon learnt were a bit of black art and I took time to look at the lower fact numbers rather than just the big dynamic numbers - I think it is getting a bit like watts and hifi - ie those manufacturers that say 3000 watts PMPO - large numbers dictated by some techie jiggery pockery - however, when shopping around I stumbed across www.robertwhyte.co.uk - I , my neighbour, my colleague at work and others have all bought our machines thro this shop = cracking prices, service and a 5 year warranty - John Lewis wouldnt price match on this either which says something - have a look, his prices should still be good - as far as Sony or Samsung and which one - I watched a cheaper samsung in france last week when we were staying away at a friends place and I must say I was very impressed with the picture, when compared to the grade I am used to - however, running blu-ray thro the PS3 into my machine - mmmmm nice as they say - if you are going to audition I am always keen to make sure you take your time and insist the retailer shows you what you want - you are spending a whomph of money at the end of the day.

A

Anonymous

the w2000 series is finished now... so prices will look tempting, but the KDL40V3000 or KDL40D3500 are both good options for that budget... main difference is the 40V3000 has 3x HDMI inputs whereas the D3500 has 2x. The 40V3000 does look nice though

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts