JVC DLA-HD550

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It's a shame you couldn't have attended our open day yesterday - we had a representative from JVC who was displaying the 550 and 950.

So far, it looks as good, if not better, than the older 750.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I have a 550 at home and we have demonstrated it almost everyday since we have had it in store. It is an exceptional projector and takes the outgoing range up another step. We are still wating to get our set up ISF calibrated but with the settings we have worked to in store the 550 is shaping up to be every bit as good as last years 750.

A

Anonymous

David, Nick

Thanks for your replies.

If the HD550 is as good as the old 750 the HD950 must be either in trouble or an exceptional projector.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
From our units I would say the 950 has its work cut out. With our adjustments to the units the 950 is better but when you factor in the price difference it is not the same jump as between the models last year.

The 950 has far greater set up facilities wih better potential and I will reserve absolute judgement until I see them both calibrated properly.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I was demonstrating them both for a customer the other day, and the first scene we tried from the Dark Knight there was minimal difference, but then we tried another scene and the difference was obvious - as soon as the customer compared that scene he decided on the 950. I think it's worth it. I want one
emotion-14.gif

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:

I was demonstrating them both for a customer the other day, and the first scene we tried from the Dark Knight there was minimal difference, but then we tried another scene and the difference was obvious - as soon as the customer compared that scene he decided on the 950. I think it's worth it. I want one
emotion-14.gif

......but then the 990 is only another few grand more. If I sell the kids ......NO NO NO NO NO!!

I'm sure the 550 is as good as I need. Positive bank balance good. Spec creep bad.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
£4k more.....
emotion-1.gif

The 550 is a cracking projector, and will provide a good step up for almost anybody - even those with HD350's and HD100's. My mistake was seeing the 950.........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts