Just wanted to recommend the Panasonic TX32LZD85

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all. A lot of forums like this centre around problems with hardware (naturally as people come here for help), but I thought I'd take the opportunity to share my thoughts on my very recently purchased Panasonic TX32LZD85.

It's. Freaking. Awesome. And I say that as a 30 year old Englishman, so for me to use a phrase like that must mean it's good! ;)

I've only had it two days, but I've yet to find anything that it won't take in its stride. Blu Ray looks amazing, with a fantastic black depth, rich vibrant colours and stunning motion handling. You can either stick it on 24fps mode, which smoothes everything out very successfully to a stunning fluidity (although it struggles slightly with a lot of hectic motion at once), or you can leave it off, in which case that comforting cinema flicker will appear (as is natural), but the 100hz screen does a fantastic job of removing the judder common that can plague other 50/60hz sets, leaving a beautiful 'cinema-true' picture. Games are handled wonderfully too, with LCD motion blurring almost non-existent from a movement-heavy 1080P game of WipeOut HD on the PS3.

As for whether 1080P makes a difference on a TV this size (or "The Big Debate" as it still seems to be), I can't really comment. It looks much better than my last 32" 720P LCD, but that was cheaper and nowhere near the spec of the Panny. All I can say is that the sharpness and clarity of a 1080P Blu Ray feed looks nothing short of breathtaking.

SD feed from a Virgin (non V+) box looks excellent too, almost looking upscaled on the less compressed channels.

I know I might have rambled a little bit, but I just wanted to share how happy this TV has made me. Having moved from a 10 year old Panasonic 21" 4:3 CRT (which I adored for years), and had two 32" LG 32LG5020s for a month (both sent back because of dodgy picture), this is the HD dream come true for me. Everything I wanted from a TV and more to boot. This is a product I could have absolutely no hesitation in recommending 100%. From my CRT to this, I think Panasonic have a fan for life. :D

And no, I don't work for Panasonic. ;)

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I too am pleased with the LZD85 (37 inch) model that is now 9 months old. The picture is stunning on HD material and the sound from these sets are commendable. I also bought the Panny BD30 Blu Ray player as part of a package and with Sky HD I can honestly say 50% of my viewing is in HD format. Apparently bleeding can occur on LCD sets but I have yet to see this on my Telly!

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Good to hear you`re pleased with your telly Alex! I can`t wait to get a new flat screen and was initially hoping to get one in time for Christmas but it`s looking like the New Year now. Ah well. You`re my number one contender for falling asleep in front of his telly this Christmas. "Yes dear/mum. I`ll be up in a minute".
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Yeah, that would be my expectation too, were it not for the fact I'm going to my folks for Xmas, so I'll probably be falling asleep in front of their 4:3 CRT instead.
emotion-9.gif

Oh well, I'm sure I'll be able to *** out for a couple of hours to do some 'errands'/watch Wall-E on Blu Ray for the 100th time.
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts