Just snagged some Rogers DB101s!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
T

the record spot

teejuk said:
Sound like they would make good passive monitors. :)

Yup teejuk, I think they'd be a great choice for that - a fine choice as a nearfield monitor.

T

the record spot

plastic penguin said:
Interesting observations, RS. TBH, I can't really get my head around the style: They look like an overweight PM1, something I alluded to earlier, and rather strange.

Think partnering will be crucial by the sounds of it. Odd that the bass is lean. By the aesthetics alone they look like bass-bruisers...

Nice one, RS.

Cheers PP. Probably the other way round though as the db1 predates the PM1 by a good margin. They're not that big either, really quite compact. They sit on the top-plate of the Mission Stancette stands I use easily and there isn't much sitting over the side, only where it tapers out to the rear.

I was surprised by the lean sound too, though had expected it from the reviews I'd read before. I expect driven harder that would be less of an issue but that's not an option for me. Excellent option for a studio monitor though, and with a decent subwoofer I think they'd be very tough to be beat.

A

Anonymous

the record spot said:
teejuk said:
Sound like they would make good passive monitors. :)

Yup teejuk, I think they'd be a great choice for that - a fine choice as a nearfield monitor.

Haha, that's exactly what they are! Didn't realise.

:grin:

The SOS review says they are ported but the port is surrounding the tweeter, pics here of the internals. Well, if you do decide to move them on... ;)

T

the record spot

Well, if we get the email addresses sorted out, we'll see what the sensible offer's like... ;)

A

Anonymous

Haha! I can't see a way to contact you so do i just post it here? Not sure what the forum rules are. Btw i was just showing interest, by the sounds of it i thought you'd be hanging on to them!

A

Anonymous

Hey, well if you want to post your deets here i'll email you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts