Just saying Hi! :)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello guys and gals, I'm new into Home Audio, but not audio altogether, I used to be a massive fan of car audio, but buying a brand new car kind of put a stop to that! I'm not a fan of chopping around in a new car :(

So, I was on the lookout for something else to spend money on, apart from the other half of course ;)

I was looking around WH Smiths and i saw a copy of WHF and I think I was hooked, I have been on a lookout for second hand gear recently and managed to bag a Cambridge Audio A1 amp, and iPod dock, along with some Ariston speakers all for £50. I have had this set up for around 2 months now, I decided i wanted some new speakers for xmas and after doing some research i opted for some Warfedale 10.1's I baught these last week from Audio-T in Swansea, but i am being forced to keep them untill Christmas :(

At the moment im looking to buy some stands and a CD player, but not before the new year as funds are a littler short :)

Anyway, my names Sam and I'm a big fan of building things so expect a build thread of some stands ;)

Sam.

A

Anonymous

Hi Sam. Welcome to the fraternity!!
emotion-29.gif

A

Anonymous

reggaedave:Hi Sam,this is where all the spending starts....

matthewpiano

Welcome Sam. This is an obsessive hobby. A bit like the Hotel California - you can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Enjoy and keep us posted. You'll probably want to upgrade that amp at some point to get the best out of the 10.1s.

A

Anonymous

Hi Sam ... welcome! ... and don't forget to buy good cables and interconnects
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

hi sam and welcome

what sort of things do you build by the way

A

Anonymous

Im a big fan of building speaker cabinets, my latest project was a Transmission Line enclosure for a Hertz 10'' woofer, it was a modular design and was designed so i could fit 4 into my fiesta. Recently ive been building a few subwoofer boxes for friends :)

This is the design sheet for the TL box

hertz-es250-tl-1.gif

And this is a box I made

24062009139-1.jpg

25062009144-1.jpg

And for those of you interested, this is the kind of thing that a good box with a fair bit of power can do :)

Thats a single 12'' speaker in a 3.8cuft box tuned to 29hz with 2500wrms :)

Sam.

A

Anonymous

Haha, I know full well how to spell spanner.

Its a long story to how it became spaner :)

What am I in trouble for?

Sam.

A

Anonymous

Oh ok, my browser resized them so i didnt notice :)

I l get them sorted asap :)

EDIT: sorted now :)

A

Anonymous

Right Spanner, so you build coffins for a living and have just bought some hifi
emotion-4.gif

Welcome.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts