just out of interest a naim uniqute with a cyrus cd player with my bw cm1 or one box system

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi im still pondering the the downsize route to either one box or as title suggestshow would a uniqute with cyrus cd player sound ? would the naim have enough power for the cm1 and would there be too much of a contrast between the two brands / thanks guys

AA - When I was invited to do the Big Q a couple of years back, one of the set-ups was Nait 5i and Cyrus 6SE with ATC SCM11, and two others and myself, it was the best for excitement. Pretty impressive.

Just to clarify: The Uniti has the same internals as the Nait5i.

Edit - thinking about it I would either go for the 'full-fat' Uniti as opposed to the Qute, given it only has 30 watts per channel, or the separate Nait 5i amp and CDP.

Certainly an all Naim set-up will give more gratifying sound than a Naim mixed with... something Chebby alluded to a few weeks ago.

A

Anonymous

Maybe you should add to your equation if in mid term your are more into the CD or the streaming and computer audio.

The fisrt one could tend to fall on the 5I, the second with the Qute.

I heard from 2 different users they are running the PM1 with a Qute without any problem but they won't run a beach party with it. (at least one this forum the other maybe on the Naim forum?). So I guess CM1 can work too.

I can't help for Cyrus though. Try to run some test! Good luck!

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
audioaddict said:
Hi im still pondering the the downsize route to either one box or as title suggestshow would a uniqute with cyrus cd player sound ? would the naim have enough power for the cm1 and would there be too much of a contrast between the two brands / thanks guys

It may be worth auditioning the Rotel RCX 1500, looks loverly. Might sound good with the CM1's

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys yes good options though i must say pp i have always fancied a naim uniti whether it would be a good match for my cm1s is another story or whether in fact it has enough power to drive em

audioaddict said:
Thanks guys yes good options though i must say pp i have always fancied a naim uniti whether it would be a good match for my cm1s is another story or whether in fact it has enough power to drive em

The Uniti won't have any problems driving the CM1. It has the same output as the Nait 5i (50 watts per channel), whereas the Qute, as alluded to in my original post, has only 30 watts. That'll be okay if you listen to music at low to medium levels, but may struggle if you like it "loud and proud". The pertinent question, one I'm unsure about, is the Naim a good synergy match with B&W? I've no personal experience with the two together.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Certainly an all Naim set-up will give more gratifying sound than a Naim mixed with... something Chebby alluded to a few weeks ago.

Actually it was in response to member 'downandout' who is happy with his UnitiQute and second-hand Naim n-SATs...

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/what-is-a-normal-listening-level?page=2 (Scroll to the bottom of the page)

I do agree that it would be a neater solution to get a Uniti - with it's integral CD player - than adding a CD player to an all-in-one.

chebby said:
plastic penguin said:

Actually it was in response to member 'downandout' who is happy with his UnitiQute and second-hand Naim n-SATs...

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/what-is-a-normal-listening-level?page=2 (Scroll to the bottom of the page)

I do agree that it would be a neater solution to get a Uniti - with it's integral CD player - than adding a CD player to an all-in-one.

No not that one, Chebby. It was the one, can't remember the poster or the thread, where he had, I think, a XS and a different brand of CDP, and was mentioned the lack of detail, so you suggested that a matching CDP with Naims own din plugs and speaker cable should give him the sound he craved.

Edit - found the thread: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/as-the-nait-5i-but-more-detailed?page=1

krish123

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
hi aa, iv heard the naim uniti driving a pair of neat floorstanders and it drove them perfectly well, so i think it wll drive your cm1's easily. the uniti is a pretty good unit, with the streaming capability to.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
krish123 said:
hi aa, iv heard the naim uniti driving a pair of neat floorstanders and it drove them perfectly well, so i think it wll drive your cm1's easily.

That is not really correct. The CM1 has a very low sensitivity of 84dB and if you want to drive it to decent levels, it is better to use a more powerful amplifier than the Naim.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts