Just got Power Rangers on Dolby Vision

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Looking at HDR and Dolby Vision on this 4k Blu-ray I would've to say Dolby Vision is better unlike Despicable Me One and Two. There's not much in it though.

Pretty dark scenes this Power Rangers. Tried going between HDR and Blu-ray too, not much in it either. It brightens it up though.

F

FunkyMonkey

Look, I wish people would quit already with trying to fool is that movies are gonna look MUCH better on 4k than Blu Ray. Let alone Dolby Vision. The last big step change in picture quality came with blu ray over dvd. Because of physiology, i.e. our eyesight, 1080p is as good as most people need... on TVs.

D

Deleted member 2457

FunkyMonkey said:
Look, I wish people would quit already with trying to fool is that movies are gonna look MUCH better on 4k than Blu Ray. Let alone Dolby Vision. The last big step change in picture quality came with blu ray over dvd. Because of physiology, i.e. our eyesight, 1080p is as good as most people need... on TVs.
Quite agree now. The thing is Planet Earth shows just how good 4k HDR is though, and it's annoying that the rest of discs aren't up to snuff!

abacus

It depends on screen size and how close you sit as to whether you can tell the difference, (Using a projector the difference between HD & UHD sticks out like a sore thumb) the main difference though on a smaller TV is HDR (If done properly) as this makes a big difference to the picture.

Dolby Vision is a tight knit standard so should be more consistent, whereas HDR10 is looser so manufactures can do their own thing, which might not be totally compatible with other manufactures products. (For example Samsung use HDR10+ on some of their sets which doesn’t match up with anybody else)

I wouldn’t worry too much about it though, as you would probably need to view DV & HDR10 side by side to really notice any difference. (Not forgetting how well the disc has been mastered which would probably make a bigger difference anyway)

It’s best to just sit back and enjoy the film, and forget about the technology behind it.

Bill

D

Deleted member 2457

abacus said:
It depends on screen size and how close you sit as to whether you can tell the difference, (Using a projector the difference between HD & UHD sticks out like a sore thumb) the main difference though on a smaller TV is HDR (If done properly) as this makes a big difference to the picture.

Dolby Vision is a tight knit standard so should be more consistent, whereas HDR10 is looser so manufactures can do their own thing, which might not be totally compatible with other manufactures products. (For example Samsung use HDR10+ on some of their sets which doesn’t match up with anybody else)

I wouldn’t worry too much about it though, as you would probably need to view DV & HDR10 side by side to really notice any difference. (Not forgetting how well the disc has been mastered which would probably make a bigger difference anyway)

It’s best to just sit back and enjoy the film, and forget about the technology behind it.

Bill
thumbs_up.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts