Just got me the Epson 7000 projector for £728!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

:)

Has audio out too. Perfect for my Bose Wave System. 🎸

D

Deleted member 2457

I got a 10 per cent discount code at Currys to bring it down to £728! :D

D

Deleted member 2457

It’s here and this is what I call a proper projector it’s a right beast!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 11
D

Deleted member 2457

Best projector I have had by a mile! Audio is booming out of the Bose Wave system too, you have to turn up the volume on the projector remote control through audio and it goes loud! Picture is great, really clear, bright and blacks are good too! I can also do more things with the picture image than ever before, so I can have it perfect for my size wall and not overlapping the TV. :)

Reactions: buzz_lightclick
D

Deleted member 2457

I can’t seem to get a 4K picture! I just realised I had a 1.4 HDMI cable plugged in and swap it for a 2.0 HDMI cable and the picture didn’t change at all still really dull just like 1080p. One thing I have noticed is that my Panasonic ub400 is 12 bit whereas the projector is 10 bit could that be causing the 1080p picture when it should be 4K? Thanks. Any other ideas too?

D

Deleted member 2457

How do you know it was outputting 1080p? I'm not aware of any equipment that downscales 4K picture. Besides, it's a 1080p projector in reality that has pseudo 4K.
I could tell from the picture. I used Blue Planet 2 4K UHD and Batman Begins 4K Blu-Ray I have seen these a thousand times and know what the picture difference is between 4K and 1080p is. I had the BenQ 2700 projector in 4K too and it looked like 1080p again compared.

I could tell from the picture. I used Blue Planet 2 4K UHD and Batman Begins 4K Blu-Ray I have seen these a thousand times and know what the picture difference is between 4K and 1080p is. I had the BenQ 2700 projector in 4K too and it looked like 1080p again compared.
You need to understand difference between native 4K (your TV) and pseudo 4K (the projector). What else did you expect? I did tell you few weeks ago that budget projectors won't please you.

D

Deleted member 2457

You need to understand difference between native 4K (your TV) and pseudo 4K (the projector). What else did you expect? I did tell you few weeks ago that budget projectors won't please you.
I clearly understand the difference I have had a pseudo 4K projector before to compare to. I expected a brighter picture and better blacks than 1080p picture which is what you get but not with this projector. This projector was supposed to be equal to a £1600 picture the Epson 7100 which got 5 stars and won awards, that’s more expensive than any projector I have had before.

There was no difference between a non 4K HDMI cable and a 4K cable that tells you everything.

An HDMI cable cannot downscale any picture. The projector cannot downscale a 4K picture to 1080p.

So if the 1.4 cable could pass the 4K picture, it was passing 4K. What you were viewing is 4K. The cable works or it doesn't. If the 1.4 cable was not capable of passing 4K, you wouldn't have seen any picture.

You're used to a particular quality of 4K picture which this projector isn't giving. But it was 4K you were watching.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

An HDMI cable cannot downscale any picture. The projector cannot downscale a 4K picture to 1080p.

So if the 1.4 cable could pass the 4K picture, it was passing 4K. What you were viewing is 4K. The cable works or it doesn't. If the 1.4 cable was not capable of passing 4K, you wouldn't have seen any picture.

You're used to a particular quality of 4K picture which this projector isn't giving. But it was 4K you were watching.
Thanks BB. (y)

Reactions: bigboss

TRENDING THREADS