Just got a speaker bargain...

Phil77

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I just purchased some Q Accoustics 1050i speakers on sale for £199 man i have to say ay £360 these were a bargain but at £199 come on!!! exactly what i was looking for to go with my Arcam A85 Amp to listen to my mainly rock and metal music they sound fantastic and beleive me i have had some expensive speakers in my years and none of them have put these to shame i heard these awhile ago and really liked them and at £199 they are a steal!!

No idea how long it will take to break them in but they already sound fantastic and much better than my now sold Kef IQ3's

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Phil77 is the treble on the 1050i more detailed than the IQ3? how can you compare the treble and overal balance against other speakers you had? thx.

matthewpiano

Excellent speakers. I got the 1030i for £149 and I'm delighted with them, not only for the sound but for the attention to detail in the way they are put together, right down to the proper cable jumpers between the terminals and the superb plinth and spike adjustment.

Let us know how you find them as they run in.

Phil77

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
The detail sounds fantastic what i was after was a bigger fuller more powerful sound than my bookshelf IQ3's but i did'nt want to spend a small fortune to get this..

The trebile sounds spot on, on the IQ3's the trebile always sounded to bright no matter how i changed the cables or tuned the trebile and i know the Arcam A85 is not a bright amp..

I can't wait until the speakers are ran in they are going to sound even better...

A

Anonymous

I've been looking at the 1050i too so for me its good to see some feedback so to speak on then. Also looking at the Kef IQ5SE's as i like the look of them but can't made up my mine witch ones to go for.

T

the record spot

Been saying it for months now, superb speakers at their original TSP, but for less than £200 a total steal IMO. Product of the Year in HFW last year and it's nice to see some folk finding out precisely why. Who says a decent floorstander's only ever to be had on the far side of £500...?

Phil77

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I have had the KEF IQ5's and Q accoustics are miles better you get such a powerful and fuller sounds than the small IQ5's

I've had top of the range Kefs, Mission's and from Polk Audio to Yamaha speakers and to say that i am stunned is an under statement the Q accoustics are fantastic i've just has some Red Hot Chilli peppers on and the detail is out of this world i can not believe you can get this sound for this kind of money it goes against everything the experts say about floor standing speakers....

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
now I just have to find the differences between the 1030i and the 1050i.damn I cant seem to be able to listen to them anywhere.

TRENDING THREADS