Just bought surround speakers .........

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
......... and they have arrived without any cables. This is my first surround sound purchase and I was wondering whether I needed to buy all cables AND a mains plug separately? It's the Q Acoustics Q-AV system by the way.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I wouldn't have expected speaker cables, but i've just checked the Q-AV manual and it clearly states the subwoofer should be supplied with a mains cable.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare, I will start ordering cables then. On the website (superfi.co.uk) it suggested several cables to purchase and banana plugs and interconnector thingies. Well I have to admit this is all a bit alien. Could you advise me what I need to purchase. Also, what are banana plugs? Thank you.

A

Anonymous

Banana plugs look like this.....
l86az.jpg
.....and they are a termination option for the ends of the speaker wire to plug into the amp or speaker teminals.

A

Anonymous

Why they look nothing like bananas!! Thanks Tomcat. I have just read in another thread that if you keep the wires clean and are happy with the sound then bare wires are okay. I'll be glad when everything is set up and I can just enjoy my purchases. It seems to have been a long road getting everything together. I know a lot of you find the demoing and buying and selection process part of the whole shebang, which I did at the beginning, but now it's lost its appeal and I just want results.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts