Jestery/Knighty medieval music

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks, desperately hoping someone can help me!

I'm after a section of music, less than 2 minutes long, that instantly sounds medieval, and in particular could be used to support both jester characters and knights. I'm thinking of something like a cross between Cat and the Moon from Lord of the Rings musical or Topsy Turvey (Jestery) and perhaps the intro to The Divine Conspiracy by Epica (good for knights, check it out on YouTube). Powerful would be great. Lyrics would be a huge positive, although not 100% necessary, as would a nice bit of story-telling. Disney music is usually great for this kind of thing but I'm struggling with this one.

The ultimate piece would have a happy/jester part for ~10 seconds, then switch to a darker/knights part and then back and forth.

A group of us have spent most of the year looking and can't find any decent compromise - all of the King Arthur musicals just don't have the right mix.

Every and all suggestions welcome!

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

Thanks, andrew. YouTube blocked at work, I'll check it out asap.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, but unfortunately we've already found both of those pieces and rejected them because, as you say, there's no knight element. The piece also really needs to be quite powerful to grab people's attention in just a few seconds.

Any more?!

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I suppose you have considered "The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table" by Rick Wakeman?

A

Anonymous

we're using knights of the round table elsewhere - great piece of music but is actually too humourous for this application. I'll check out the other suggestions asap.

Andrew - think big, dramatic, bombastic, perhaps quite heavy with lots of bass and drums. Perhaps something slightly regimental. A lot of the King Arthur mudical stuff is great, especially Medieval Times, but it either lacks the jester(y) component we need or goes completely the other way.

Personally, I'm quite a fan of Our Solemn Hour www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCxb8FwhzK8 by Within Temptation, but again it's probably too dark for us :-(

TRENDING THREADS