japan onkyo

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi could someone help ive just bought an onkyo hifi seperate from japan and would like to know whats the best and easiest power converter to use from japan to uk hope u can help many thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
All you'll need is a step-down transformer to covert from UK 230V to Japanese 100V, but as I've often said on here the sonic consequences of using such converters, and the noise they may inject onto the mains, are unpredictable.

Anyway, a company such as TLC will be able to supply a suitable converter. You just need to find out the power consumption of the component you want to supply, and buy one with a suitable rating.

A

Anonymous

hi andrew thanks for your help more help needed my onkyo says 100w and ive seen this one on amazon uk called geniewish 100w transformer at 14 pounds could u take a quick look to make sure im looking at the right one many thanks andrew

A

Anonymous

thanks andrew for your reply my onkyo is onkyo MD-133 MINIDISC it says 100W on the back would you say the ones on amazon would be ok could u have a look i dont want to many any bad moves on this any help appreciated - mike

A

Anonymous

hi andrew again thanks for your help the converter is fine however i need a bit more help from you i have a portable md recorder being the sony MZRH1 HI MD which ive been hooking up to my sony standalone cd recorder so that i can transfer from md to cd while im doing this i can listen to the md via a cable going into line in however now that ive hooked up my onkyo is there a way of listening to the sound from md without having to purchase an onkyo amp any help please

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts