Jamo HCs5 and Onkyo 605- What Speaker Wire?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Guys, Can anyone help? Would the QED Micro be ok for these, has anyone used the Audio Innovations ULTRA MICRO cable. It looks good and I can pick this up today. Also I have 2 floor standing Wharferdale speakers, would these be a viable option to add to setup for 7.1? If not what would be the best "next step" for upgrading Thanks

A

Anonymous

I didn't actually get any cable with the package, i only got the Subwoofer cable. Thanks

Juzzie Wuzzie

I should be able to do the same after Saturday if and when I finally pick up a 605 (and not be tempted by the Arcam Solo 2.1).

BTW I used QED Micro Wire as the SAXT will be too thick for the Jamo's binding posts.

A

Anonymous

Just an update on my findings regarding Onkyo, PS3 and Jamos:
What I ended up going for.....

Speaker wire: silver micro from Richer Sounds (worked well, nice colour and is silver plated. Could have probably got cheaper wire to be honest).

Any decent HDMI cable for connection from PS3 to AMP will work well (just make sure it is shielded and is made well, if your going for longer lengths over 5m then spending more might be required). I went for the one from here http://ukhdmi.com/hdmi-n-premium.php

Optical Cable from sky: I went for the IXOS Toslink again from richersounds (again shielded and decent make).

Performance:

So far so good, the auto setup of the AMP does pretty well. However I found that I needed to manually go into settings and pump up the Treble DB's, otherwise the sound sounded a little flat. Speakers sound really good with music, better with films. Football doesn't even broadcast in 5.1........but put AMP onto the "NERO 6: Music" setting and it produces excellent sound. The AMP does pretty well converting stereo to 5.1 actually, i'm impressed.

The Jamo SUB is amazing, I can not see any reason why you would ever need to upgrade this (for a normal size lounge), I am nowhere near running it to it's full capacity.

Anyway hope this help's you guys, I know how hard it is when trying to chose what to buy.

Juzzie Wuzzie

Agree with sbiondini. The only complaint I have is that the amp is so huge that the Omnimount Tria Wall Shelf System I have it on has an ever so slight tilt in it (which bugs me). I'm going to change the banana plugs for spade connectors which will give more room to push the amp further back on the shelf which might fix the problem. Otherwise Jamo+605+sources is a great set-up for good money.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I enjoyed them too. I only replaced them when I wanted bigger stereo speakers and then got the rest of the system - but I kept the Jamo sub. It is excellent and I suppose the only way you will know if you can beat it is trying something else.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts