admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there

Just bought Jamo C-407 speakers and I would appreciate any advices on the amplifier - Yamaha A-S500, Marantz PM6003,Pioneer A-A6MK2 or...? My favourite music is Hard rock. Thanx in advance.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
to control floorstanders i think i would not go to the yamaha or the marantz.rotel might be nice or even CA 650A , pioneer might also make an interesting sound but do not expect deep bass with the pioneer or the CA

A

Anonymous

Thanks! The lack of deep bass is not acceptable, so guess the Pioneer falls out of my list. Why do you think Yamaha couldn`t be able to feed/control the floorstanders? I`ve read only good reviews about A-S500.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
well.the S700 controls nicely but doesnt aso produce massive bass, and someone else here has used the S500 with floorstanders and shares the same opinion I guess.

A

Anonymous

Well, that doesn`t leave me too much options. What`s wrong with the Marantz PM6003 with floorstanders? I`ve read somewhere that it`s not the best choice for rock and hard rock music.

Goldsmith

Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I use marantz 6002 amp with jamo C405. well i find that they gel well, only bass could be deeper ( not to say it isn't deep enough) if one could use a higher watts amplifier than what a 6002 could afford ( 45wpc) - For C407 i would definitely recommend marantz but with a little more power to shake the woofer. I am advised by a forum member that marantz scores over S-500 for musical nature so therefore recommend marantz over a yamaha.

TRENDING THREADS