J River Jukebox / Media Centre

harveymt

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
What's the difference between the Jukebox and the Media Centre (other than cost)? Im currently using iTunes and have no problems with it. However, when looking at ways to have multiroom audio, problems arise. The main being that many things do not support Apple Lossless so my current format of choice may severely limit what I can use in the future. If I switch to FLAC that problem will disappear but that'll mean a new player.

I did play a bit with Foobar a while ago but would prefer something that worked out of the box and many on here have good words for J River. Is the Jukebox just for music playback?

I listen to a lot of podcasts as well, is J River similiar to iTunes in dealing with them? Or would I have to manually download them?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
harveymt:
What's the difference between the Jukebox and the Media Centre (other than cost)? Im currently using iTunes and have no problems with it. However, when looking at ways to have multiroom audio, problems arise. The main being that many things do not support Apple Lossless so my current format of choice may severely limit what I can use in the future. If I switch to FLAC that problem will disappear but that'll mean a new player.

I did play a bit with Foobar a while ago but would prefer something that worked out of the box and many on here have good words for J River. Is the Jukebox just for music playback?

I listen to a lot of podcasts as well, is J River similiar to iTunes in dealing with them? Or would I have to manually download them?

The media centre plays everything (music, video, photos...) I don't know if it offers more otherwise - theatre view is brilliant, not sure the jukebox has that.

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I`ve recently switched from iTunes to J River Media Centre 15 and am finding it pretty good if a little daunting at first due to the choice of settings etc. I`m pretty sure that Jukebox is a cut down version of MC that plays back music only and has not got as many output options. MC will play ALAC files with no problem but not sure if Jukebox does although there may be plug-ins available.

As Jukebox is a free download why not give it a try to see if it will do your job and if not you can download MC as a 30 day free trial and give that a go as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts