ITVHD Freesat Go Live 7th June.....Please Qualify their Statement below

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
That's all it says. Nothing to qualify.

(And of course the home teams didn't - qualify that is - so gawd knows who'll bother to watch anyway...)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Tallyho"]

..............................will initially be available to viewers watching on Freesat
[/quote]In other words it's Freesat-exclusive for the time being.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Both of them, judging from the probs we've been having getting hold of boxes to receive the thing.

I've heard of a 'soft launch', but this one is quilted and infused with Aloe Vera...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I will be borrowing one of said Freesat HD boxes for the weekend, and trying out ITV HD for Germany v Poland on Sunday night, if not the Saturday-night game. Will report back on my first impressions....

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Both of them, judging from the probs we've been having getting hold of boxes to receive the thing.

I've heard of a 'soft launch', but this one is quilted and infused with Aloe Vera...
[/quote]
I was in two well known electrical retailers on the Bank holiday weekend and both of them had Freesat promotional material tucked away in a corner. Nothing set up for demo, and sales personal who knew nothing about it and did not seem that bothered about it either. Mind you Freesat did pick some rather dumbed down retailers for intial launch.(Well 3 out of 4 anyway)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Exactly my point. They've had ages to plan this launch, and a great opportunity to push it given the summer of sport - OK, so it could have been better if one or more of the home nations had qualified for the thing in Austria and Switzerland - and yet apart from Fiona Bruce banging on about it on the Beeb, most people have no idea what Freesat is all about.

John Duncan

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Exactly my point. They've had ages to plan this launch, and a great opportunity to push it given the summer of sport - OK, so it could have been better if one or more of the home nations had qualified for the thing in Austria and Switzerland - and yet apart from Fiona Bruce banging on about it on the Beeb, most people have no idea what Freesat is all about.

[/quote]

One issue is that for 75% of the country (the bits that can get Freeview) people will be going 'huh?' - I'll bet it's big in Comet in Wick............

A

Anonymous

Can't we get set up to watch ITVHD via Sky HD boxes (in time for weekend)? If so (I'm sure you can), do I need the £20 Freesat card from Sky or can I reconfigure my set top manually? No-one seems to know the details just vague, yea's! I cancelled my subscription a while ago and still enjoy HD service from BBC and Channel 4 I don't want to loose this.

John Duncan

Nope, don't know. I'd take an educated guess it's not a region thing, actually, apart from the fact that any change to our transmission chain is necessarily more complicated than anybody else's, precisely for that reason.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The Freesat boxes a couple of weeks ago were sold out virtually everywhere and this was with hardly any advertising! Imagine if they had stocked more and advertised a tad. My Dad got his from Comet and I connected his system up with it a couple of weeks ago - connection was with component (he has an old Wega LCD withough HDMI), via a component switch box. Picture was a vast improvement from his old Sky box. At the end of the day, it can't touch Sky (+ or HD) but it's free and you can't grumble now that ITV is HD as well as BBC HD and the apparently soon to arrive C4 and 5 HD.

A

Anonymous

You said your dad got his from Comet and it was a vast improvement from his sky box which freesat box was it and did that include the standard def channels?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="eremis6"]
You said your dad got his from Comet and it was a vast improvement from his sky box which freesat box was it and did that include the standard def channels?
[/quote] He has the Humax HD one that was reviewed last month. All the channels are SD apart from BBC HD and now ITV HD.

A

Anonymous

I dont think (correct me if I'm wrong)
you can get any sky HD channels at all unless you subscribe to sky...!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts