ITUNES UPSAMPLING

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hello all,

I was doing some surfing last night and came across a forum on how to improve the audio quality to 24bit.

So i did the setup and i do believe the sound quality is much better,at least it sounded it to me,or am i imagining it?

Anyone else tried similar?

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
have not tried and am not an expert, but: upsamping from what? upsampling in computer or in an external processor? and then send to DAC? what was your setup?

A

Anonymous

Well i am no expert either but so say for example i uploaded a cd to my mac at 16bit it will then upgrade if you like to 24bit.

i have done this within my mac settings,which is in turn connected to my denon ampliflier,sounds much sharper.

i am myself discovering the world of downloading music.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
upsampling would be using audio midi to upsample from 44.1khz to 96khz (for example).

changing the bit depth from 16 to 24 bits won't make any difference if you are listening to cd rips. in this case it just adds 8 "empty" bits, so the actual data is unchanged. you may as well leave it at 24 though, then you won't have to change it if you listen to higher res files, just the audio midi sample rate, which you should set to the sample rate of the file you are playing. you have to quit and restart itunes though, or the sample rate change won't be recognised.

A

Anonymous

hi,

Well i havent restarted itunes since i have changed the settings but to be honest it does sound better to me.

i want to download 24bits as often as possible,for the qulaity,its the only thing that will stop me buying cds overall.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i meant you only have to restart itunes if you change sample rate ie. 44.1khz to 96khz, you're talking about changing bit depth.

are you sure you're not just paying more attention, and are noticing what it is you like about your system? :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts