iTunes crashed / signal to DAC dropped

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I was using my iTunes and working on my laptop, streaming music to my AE located 20 ft away (via another internet router), which was connected to my DAC. My music files are stored on an external 1 TB hard disc. My mobile phone rang (10 ft away) and suddenly my iTunes crashed (frozen), connection to DAC was dropped (no signal shown on my DAC) but connection to AE was still OK. Everything else on the laptop was working fine.

Did the mobile phone disturbed the wifi connection between the laptop and the router/AE?

Is there something wrong with iTunes?

I had to reboot the laptop and everything went fine again.

Anyone experienced the same issue?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
El Hefe:
Hi,

I was using my iTunes and working on my laptop, streaming music to my AE located 20 ft away (via another internet router), which was connected to my DAC. My music files are stored on an external 1 TB hard disc. My mobile phone rang (10 ft away) and suddenly my iTunes crashed (frozen), connection to DAC was dropped (no signal shown on my DAC) but connection to AE was still OK. Everything else on the laptop was working fine.

Did the mobile phone disturbed the wifi connection between the laptop and the router/AE?

Is there something wrong with iTunes?

I had to reboot the laptop and everything went fine again.

Anyone experienced the same issue?

mobile phones and microwave ovens use the same frequency. I had problems charging my phone near my router before. Don't use the microwave - bought for baby milk and food warm ups.

idc

I have had dropouts like yourself EH, mainly for a few seconds. I was advised to move the cordless phone away from the router and that had helped. It does sound like your mobile was the problem. As to a solution, sorry no idea.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts