Itunes 11.0.3 Update Released Yesterday 16th May

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Downloaded this Last Night,Mostly New Mini Player Features.Album Artwork now showing on Songs List and progress bar now is now back too.Both are welcome for me anyway.Check it out.

ngibbs

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
BitPerfect-users beware though: according to their website and Facebook page there are issues with 11.0.3 update and they're advising BP users NOT to download it yet.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
That's the problem with writing bolt-ons. The creator of the 'host program' suddenly changes the rules just because they can without prior notice, and your bolt-on no longer works. I'm sure Richard or Tim will have a fix or us soon.

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
****!!!!***$$$$$!!!!

The ****ing thing zapped my hard disk!!!!!! Chose "add to library", took forever and zapped my tax records for the Oz government!!!!

Seriously unimpressed, which is nothing to what the tax department is going to be.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
altruistic.lemon said:
The ****ing thing zapped my hard disk!!!!!! Chose "add to library", took forever and zapped my tax records for the Oz government!!!!

Hopefully you can restore your tax records from the last system backup you took.

A bit weird that iTunes update homed in on your tax records. Were they filed in your C/Program Files/iTunes folder? (Or whatever it's called on your machine.)

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
It's a mac. It was and external drive that had a backup of my hard disk plus the tax records. All got zapped; Only problem was I don't have a copy of thos tax records.

I'm very calm now, very very calm.

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
altruistic.lemon said:
****!!!!***$$$$$!!!!

Seriously unimpressed, which is nothing to what the tax department is going to be.

You didnt have that backed up, really?

Hmm. muppet comes to mind

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
No need for that, we've all done it at some point. At any rate, if you read his response, he did have it backed up but something wiped the backup as well - just trying to get to the bottom of what might have done that.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like something has nuked the T-O-C entries for those folders and files. Stay very, very calm, unmount the drive immediately without saving anything else to it, and go to a computer shop to see if they can rescue the files. Providing you don't save anything else on the drive, most of your 'lost' files should still be intact. Maybe even all of them.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
altruistic.lemon said:
****!!!!***$$$$$!!!!

I suppose that's the 21st Century version of 'my dog ate it'.

In all seriousness, it seems a unlikely that iTunes has caused this though, have you another computer that you could try to access the hard drive on?

Fred_Barker

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Itunes 11.0.3 stuff...

Hi Major..

I'm still sticking with iTunes 10.7 for a number of reasons, although I will probably need to catch up eventually or miss out on any bug fixes or show stopping new features.

I doubt that "Cover Flow" will ever make a re-appearance as Cupertino HQ deemed not enough people used it, but I would miss iTunes DJ, although I'm sure there must be a "make-do" for that by now??

I'm sure you're an aficionado of iTunes 11, so was wondering if you could advise me weather the "Expanded View" of Album artwork, track names and matching background tint changes to reflect the "Now Playing" song?? (or just stays on the item you last clicked on?).

Best Regards: Fred

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts