Isolation or coupling

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
britain4 said:
Yes it would be like me to over think it! The stands have 3 screw holes in the top for spiking into the bottom of the speaker and another 3 on the bottom. Will spike both ends, fill them with sand and put some granite/paving slabs underneath and call it a day.

Again that’s really helpful Cno given me some good ideas where to start with it.

It needs to be as simple as possible, but as complicated as necessary. *biggrin*

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
britain4 said:
CnoEvil said:
It needs to be as simple as possible, but as complicated as necessary. *biggrin*

Sounds like the best advice anyone could give me i think! *biggrin*

This is a rather addictive hobby...

Heath Robinson must have been an Audiophile....and if he wasn't, he should have been. *preved*

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
IV found isolation very important probably one of the most important things to do to you hifi and Speaker's. lot's to try I'm using the Atacama Bamboo hifi stand with stillpoints under my kit as I find them to work best very balanced. Under my Speaker's I use soundcare super spikes which can be bought for just £40 for four and sound amazing.i highly recommend these for Speaker's

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I had a demo yesteday of IsoAcoustic products underneath Focal Sopra No2 speakers in a quick switch demo A/B Demo.

I am making the video on it now - hopefully its ok for You Tube and not blocked on copyright, heres hoping.

It was a great demo on how these products work and what they can do even to very good speakers.

It will be up soon all being well and could well be an interesting watch for you

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I had a demo yesteday of IsoAcoustic products underneath Focal Sopra No2 speakers in a quick switch demo A/B Demo.

I am making the video on it now - hopefully its ok for You Tube and not blocked on copyright, heres hoping.

It was a great demo on how these products work and what they can do even to very good speakers.

It will be up soon all being well and could well be an interesting watch for you 

excellent look forward to it

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Its just gone up - you will need to watch it on a PC it doesnt work on a phone due to copyright of the music which is stupid but not my fault.

The best bit is most normal speakers are under the weight of the smallest in the Gaia range which are £199 a set, you need a set per speaker I think

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
A couple of interesting threads:

https://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/low-mass-vs-high-mass-speaker-stands

https://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/spikes-and-stands

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Its just gone up - you will need to watch it on a PC it doesnt work on a phone due to copyright of the music which is stupid but not my fault.

The best bit is most normal speakers are under the weight of the smallest in the Gaia range which are £199 a set, you need a set per speaker I think 
wow what a demo.i think I'm going to be ordering some of these

britain4

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Wow what a wealth of info this thread has turned into. Thank you all for contributing and I’ll have a proper read through it all later, not even listened to it this week due to being busy with life and a new impulse bought turntable which I’m starting another thread about!

Can’t seem to find that YouTube vid, do you by any chance have a link?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts