Isolating different parts (e.g. vocals, guitar.bass, etc.)

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I think WHF should deal with this bug that keeps making peoples post on the forum disappear all the time. Or may be people not posting the message properly..?.. Happening too many times now..

sogophonio11

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, quite agree.Been trying to get my sig on, pretty much since i signed up! To no avail.

Thought i knew computers? Maybe not.

What else can i do?

A

Anonymous

Hi all i'm not quite sure what happened above so i'll try again. I'd like some help and advice please, i'd like to be able to listen to guitar lines or bass lines or vocals etc whilst muting everything else.

a, is this possible?

b, is the equipment i'm going to need expensive?

Thanks in anticipation.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
AFAIK, not possible without the master tapes. Don't think the data on CDs, etc. records each of the instruments as a separate track.

Certainly not a function I've ever seen advertised.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The nearest you will get to your goal is to use a very good quality graphic equalizer to fade out the frequencies that you don't want to hear , but it won't be perfect .

sogophonio11

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
You can load media monkey onto your pc (device) That has a graphic eq. But you will never be able to isolate in the way you want to! Unless you have the original masters. As already pointed out.

SteveR750

A well produced track, and a good pair of headphones or near field monitors.

I've just bought some etymotic HF3 phones, and frankly the level of detail is astounding even using spotify tracks on my phone. Even though they are a little bass light to my ears, I can follow bass guitars with ease, much more so than my home set up, midrange / vocals equally clear.

TRENDING THREADS