Is this possible?

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I want to achieve 5.1 HD sound, can I do it using a sony BDP s550 (has analogue outputs) to a cyrus av master and cyrus 8vs2? How would I connect things up.

Cheers.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
IIRC the AV Master doesn't have multichannel analogue inputs, so the best you're going to manage is standard definition DD/DTS using the BD player's conventional optical/electrical digital output.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Crossie:
I want to achieve 5.1 HD sound, can I do it using a sony BDP s550 (has analogue outputs) to a cyrus av master and cyrus 8vs2? How would I connect things up.

Cheers.

If the AV Master has pre outs for the front left and right then yes. You would need three pairs of phono cables to connect the BDP to the AV Master and have the BD player set to decode the HD audio before sending it to the amps. You connect your AV Master from it's front left and right pre outs to a spare input on the 8vs2. Set the volume on the stereo amp to say 12 o'clock and calibrate all the speakers. Once you are happy, when you watch a film, have the amp on at 12 o'clock and set to the AV input and just use the volume on the AV Master. And when you listen to cd's you only need the 8vs2 (as your front two speakers will only be connected to that - should have mentioned, all the other speakers including sub, are connected to the Master).

I just wasted a lot of typing!!

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Guys.

seems not possible as inputs are seperate 2 ch inputs and cannot be use to make up a multi ch. input. However, I do think it is possible to feed multi ch. into my CA 540R and do it that way?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts