Is there any point in buying an 8K TV when there’s no 8K content?

fazalmajid

Jan 6, 2020
Visit site
I doubt there will be 8K commercial content anytime soon, when even big-budget Hollywood productions like the Star Wars sequel movies were shot in 4K with 2K digital intermediates.

No, the real reason I am looking forward to 8K TVs is to see my own content, which is far more valuable to me than a creatively bankrupt Hollywood's latest infantile superhero tripe. I have 47MP Nikon Z8 and 60MP Leica M11 digital cameras (the Z8 will record 8K video), and the 8MP of 4K does not render those images justice.

TempleOrion

Mar 26, 2023
Visit site
I doubt there will be 8K commercial content anytime soon, when even big-budget Hollywood productions like the Star Wars sequel movies were shot in 4K with 2K digital intermediates.

No, the real reason I am looking forward to 8K TVs is to see my own content, which is far more valuable to me than a creatively bankrupt Hollywood's latest infantile superhero tripe. I have 47MP Nikon Z8 and 60MP Leica M11 digital cameras (the Z8 will record 8K video), and the 8MP of 4K does not render those images justice.
(Deleted by moderation.)

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts