Is there A pre amp that will connect via Toslink to 2 pairs of Active speakers

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Apparently home cinema doesn't work in the UK
emotion-5.gif
, but no, I don't know of any preamp able to output individual channels, or pairs of channels, from a surround mix in digital form.

Were you to want to do it in analogue, life would be considerable simpler, as there are a few surround processors out there, and more than a few AV receivers, with multichannel analogue preouts.

Not sure how you'd do the centre channel, though...

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew I could use the phono connections of the Avi's Which prosesser would you recomend if any.I don't neen an amp just multi channel signal,and a centre speaker maybe Pmc?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Something like this Onkyo, maybe? But given the price, you might do better to buy an all-in-one AV receiver with preouts, and just ignore the power amps, silly though that may sound.

And of course you'll need an amp for the centre speaker, although you might ask AVI if it can supply a single 9.1 to act as an active centre. That would certainly give the best tonal match.

A

Anonymous

Thanks might be a tad expensive for the wife. If I bought 2 pairs of 9.1's I could have a 6 speaker or 6.1 setup with a centre front and rear!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Indeed. And I really do think using a relatively inexpensive AV receiver with a full set of preouts as a processor is probably the most cost-effective route to take.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks Andrew! any suggestions as to which one's? it is probably the most cost effective way.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Onkyo TX-SR707, Sony STR-DA1200ES, Denon AVR-2310, that sort of thing.

Or you can find an Onkyo TX-SR875, factory reconditioned, for around £600 with a year's guarantee.

I've used an 875 for a couple of years now, and still think it's excellent...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts